I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm wasting so much energy - and I'm way too invested in the outcomes of these games. The product has been absolute garbage for 6 years. I was hoping that Mac could turn around the program. The defense is going to take a massive step backwards next year due to recruiting and as long as Nuss is calling plays we are going to be abysmal on offense.

The point of watching our beloved Gators play is to see competency and have fun game days where we enjoy what we see. Neither is happening.

Regardless of whether Mac is the answer or not, our offense has been straight garbage under Nuss. After the 10-15 scripted plays that begin every game, he goes absolutely stupid in his play calls. 3 pass plays in a quarter and half? Are you kidding me?

Wake me up when he's been canned and I'll turn the television back on.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I thought he called a great game in the first half and then just packed it in the rest of the game. Not sure why we never put it up deep again when we had so much success in the first half.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just done with it. I'm at home snapping at my kids and overall acting like a dick because I'm so frustrated with the mass levels of ineptitude. And it's not even the players. It's the coaches.

I was trying to work on scheduling some work flights I had around the games - like the Georgia game. Fvk it. Why?

Nothing about watching Gator football is fun. Maybe if Nuss if fired I'll start watching games again. Maybe some competency by the coaches will bring me back. My weekends are full anyway.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The first half was a thing of beauty. The second half was Muschamp like.

Again, I think the game started that way because of the scripted plays. Mac said somewhere that the first 10-15 plays are scripted. But when play calling is needed by Nuss it goes to hell in a hand basket.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss can't do anything about David sharp refusing to block

True. It's David Sharpe's fault. Not Nuss calling 3 passing plays in a quarter and a half. Let's start blaming the players. Maybe we should bring in Chump and ask him how that's working.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Special Teams play was a disaster as well. HTF is Nord still here?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I quit watching when it was 23-21. It looks like it's 38-21 now. Awesome job by this coaching staff. Oh nevermind, it's David Sharpe's fault.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I think the game started that way because of the scripted plays. Mac said somewhere that the first 10-15 plays are scripted. But when play calling is needed by Nuss it goes to hell in a hand basket.

I would have to agree. Nuss has no feel for the game. The jury is still out on McElwain.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is Mac needs to clean house on his offensive staff because he claimed that he could win with his dog st QB as well as the Minister of Mayhem

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toughen up, Tina.

It's a football game. It pains me too, but being able to manage our emotions and endure hardship are hallmarks of manhood.

...or if you won't, :bananawave: and enjoy a little less stress in your life.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
True. It's David Sharpe's fault. Not Nuss calling 3 passing plays in a quarter and a half. Let's start blaming the players. Maybe we should bring in Chump and ask him how that's working.
They called more pass plays, but the entire third quarter AA didn't even have time to look down field cause Sharpe was throwing "ole" blocks

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toughen up, Tina.

It's a football game. It pains me too, but being able to manage our emotions and endure hardship are hallmarks of manhood.

...or if you won't, :bananawave: and enjoy a little less stress in your life.

Not sure why you're responding to this thread other than to incite me. I'll just ignore it.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why you're responding to this thread other than to incite me. I'll just ignore it.

As you like. I'll let you guys have a go at it with no more interference from me. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.