I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, with Les Miles fired only Nusschamp remains from that famous Lsu-Bammer 6-9 A gap bashfest of offensive ineptitude.

Of course Nusschamp has been fired twice since then.
I thought mac was the oc at the time.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I just read this:
The biggest hurdle could be psychological for the Gators, including McElwain himself.

"What was interesting is, shoot, as much for me as anybody too," he said. "I mean, it isn't just the players, it's everybody in the organization. It happens. Knock it off.

"So, it's natural."

What the heck does this even mean? There's coach speak and there's just mindless babble. This is his response to an embarrassing loss? "Eh, it happens."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought mac was the oc at the time.

I think you are right and Mac was still the OC that year for Bama because that would give him the 3 years at Col St after that

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember some of the posters around here crowing that Mac had assembled perhaps the biggest rock star staff ever assembled in the history of football.
I dont. I remember that we were trying to steal Oregon's WR coach and a few other good coaches but all that fell through. We ended up with two coordinators that had just been fired, Randy Shannon, and a bunch of directional school trash.

There were some reports about us finally actually hiring some Quality Control staff. Everyone seemed to be happy we were moving out of the 80s.

Im sure Mac WANTED to hire a great staff but Fooley's budget intervened.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember anyone calling it a rock star staff but a bunch of people were arguing that they were top notch coordinators when others here said they didn't like the Nuss and Collins hires.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I didn't see it. How did our playcalling look?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Imo about the same. We did hit a couple of mid range over the middle passes finally (2 I think lol). We are predictable and we can't execute. Appleby had a bad game but I dont think LDR magically makes our offense turn it around next week.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

I took this random picture of a Gator fan watching our offense:

147cb878588fe15e9f4d8bd7c57982d7.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Summers had them humming with their technique.

Also sounds like Nuss had a solid day.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is how bad our offense was today people...Vandy's defense came into this game giving up 26.3 pts per game and 452 yrds per game. We put up 13 pts and gained 236 total yrds of offense. Smfh!!!!!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J started this thread about stepping back from being so invested in this team bc it's just not enjoyable and it's making him be someone he doesn't like.

Well, after reading his comments I had that feeling that you get when sitting in the pew and feeling like the preachers words are directed straight at you :embarrassed:

My son has been sick and battling an ear infection, and my wife has been getting little sleep. She had to run errands and see her grandmother in the hospital who may not last much longer so she left our son with me and left a few mins before the game. My son woke up from his nap and was not happy, had to console him for about an hour, instead of being a good dad I was irritated the whole time bc the game was going like crap. Then my wife called right before they took the lead to see how we were and I acted like a complete ahole to her simply bc of the freakin game. It hurt her feelings. I felt really badly and apologized and, of course, she was perfectly fine after which honestly, she shouldn't have been. I was a dck.

Reading J's comments made me realize I've become the same person. I'm nervous and irritable leading up to kickoff and then pissed off and irritable during and afterwards more often than not. And this usually ends up ruining my entire weekend.

I'm gonna try to step back a bit and get some perspective. My family deserves a lot better than what I've been giving them for the last year or so. I'll still be around but I'm gonna try and back off a bit.

As much as we were at each other yesterday (or whenever it was), I hate to hear that your family is in such circumstances. ...and that you were understandably irritable after the Tenn game which negatively effected your family life. I agree that this game shouldn't do that and the most important things in life don't include UF football - or any other sports.

I had a friend basically tell me today during the Vandy game that he and his three young boys needed to kick the habit. He said, "I'm pretty tired of spending 12 weekends every year just frustrated. The Gators are a big deal to the boys. Need to wean them off." I get it. For those of you who are being affected, prioritize your real priorities.

:grouphug:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah.... I didn't even get home to start watching the game until mid way though the 2nd quarter. What a sh!tt show... Then I kept finding other stuff to do for much of the 3rd and 4th quarters. I'd sit down and watch some and then just walk away and tinker around the house some... Geeze... I can't remember being so disengaged from UF football.?.? After so many years of offensive misery, it's just not much fun to watch. I keep thinking we'll turn a corner but it just never seems to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator