I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive been in the same boat for a while, actually probably since 2013 and definitely since we fired a 21-17 coach and hired another one to replace him.

Its hard to do though. Just shut it off and forget about it.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I agree with GatorJ, except I think the entire experiment should have the plug pulled on it. I initially had high hopes for Mac but by the end of last season I was very disenchanted, and so far this season it is just more of the same. We never put together a complete game, there are always excuses and lots of "we'll get that cleaned up" but it never gets cleaned up. Unlike some, I think Collins has done an decent job but the offense has made little to no improvement, and isn't that why Mac is here? Also I don't think this "staff" is anything to write home about, recruiting has been average at best, and overall we seem to struggle mightily to do even basic things. At some point the buck has to stop with the head coach and I just don't see much in the way in improvement.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone could see this coming. Eventually momentum was going to swing to the Vols, and we have no running game whatsoever to stem it. Blame the line, blame the backs, no matter the whole unit sucks. Mac and Nuss were wrong in the third, they should have gone uptempo and passed as going second and long every drive was a killer. We need an SEC caliber back and we need some linemen, and then we'll have something.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I agree with GatorJ, except I think the entire experiment should have the plug pulled on it. I initially had high hopes for Mac but by the end of last season I was very disenchanted, and so far this season it is just more of the same. We never put together a complete game, there are always excuses and lots of "we'll get that cleaned up" but it never gets cleaned up. Unlike some, I think Collins has done an decent job but the offense has made little to no improvement, and isn't that why Mac is here? Also I don't think this "staff" is anything to write home about, recruiting has been average at best, and overall we seem to struggle mightily to do even basic things. At some point the buck has to stop with the head coach and I just don't see much in the way in improvement.
I don't totally disagree with this. Mac seems good at bringing in a system but falls short on gameday situations....plain and simple.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I don't totally disagree with this. Mac seems good at bringing in a system but falls short on gameday situations....plain and simple.
I think Mac was incredibly lucky the first half of last season, we won some games we should have lost and at some point we were all feeling that we were back on the upward climb. By the end, the luck had run out and we saw what we saw. Some blamed Grier, some blamed Muschamp for leaving the cupboard bare, etc. But with what I would consider an average at best recruiting effort and so far this season it has been mediocre at best, yet again, except the magic isn't on our side. I think we are going to be a perpetual 3 or 4 loss team at this rate.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac was incredibly lucky the first half of last season, we won some games we should have lost and at some point we were all feeling that we were back on the upward climb. By the end, the luck had run out and we saw what we saw. Some blamed Grier, some blamed Muschamp for leaving the cupboard bare, etc. But with what I would consider an average at best recruiting effort and so far this season it has been mediocre at best, yet again, except the magic isn't on our side. I think we are going to be a perpetual 3 or 4 loss team at this rate.
I think just about everyone blamed Grier for being a dumbass and getting suspended, plus Treon being a pretty horrific quarterback.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The play calling in the first half was great. In the second half it was horrible. I blame McElwain for taking his foot off of the gas

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just let net know when you want to meet up. I live next to the red onion. Afterwards we can grab some chicken mac&cheese.

Awesome. I live in Washington DC. I'll be in your area next month....

gatorvet90

Aug 17, 2016
Doesn't seem like they understand we can't block well enough to handoff and get 1 yard. Couldn't do it against North Texas either.

gatorvet90

Aug 17, 2016

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like a loss to get fans wanting to fight each other. God bless college football.:lmao2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac is great. He's undefeated with his starting QB. He should get a ten year extension.

I trust the coaches.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly I think i finally feel the same way. I always make a priority to watch the games but I'm no longer going to plan my weekends around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator