I am done with this staff

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really really try to stay positive and look for the bright spots when it comes to the Gators. I just can't do it anymore after that game.

I said many times I was hopeful that we would improve, but not confident. Now I am neither. Maybe Mac can prove me wrong... I guess I still hope that he does, but I have absolutely no confidence that he can do it at this point.

There were some really key things this game that highlighted poor coaching.

1. Michigan was bigger, faster, strong... this is very much due to recruiting. The failure to get elite talent showed. This is also a S & C issue... there is no reason that anybody should be able to push around your offensive line like that. Ivey was a 5*! Jordan is an absolute joke. If that was the strength of this team in practice I question how we are practicing.

2. Adjustments.. Michigan made fantastic adjustments at halftime. They started using their TE on that screen route.. spread us out and speed us up and we had no answer. We made zero adjustments.

3. Malik Davis.. give the guy the ball once for a 8 yard game and don't get to him again? That makes no sense... this offensive staff has no idea what they are doing.

4. Zaire - put in the running QB and immediately run 2 zone reads in a row. Did they think the defense didn't recognize what QB was in the game? Of course that is what they were going to do with Zaire... how about have the guy drop back and throw the ball and let him use his legs to run if there is an open lane vs. doing exactly what they expect.

5. Franks - he played decent. He made an effort mistake and got pulled. He was much more effective than Zaire. I don't mind giving Zaire a shot, but once you saw he wasn't going to get it done... there is no excuse for not putting Franks in.

Given the choice between watching this team stink for 2 years and having Mac turn it around... I'll take choice #2, but since we all know that isn't happening... who do we hire next?

Pumper Out!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
who do we hire next?
ChipKellyTostitos.jpg

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jim Harbaugh is an elite coach and has surrounded himself with elite coordinators and position coaches...and Mac has not...case closed.

I hope Stricklin has Chip Kelly's cell number and is calling him daily.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, was it worth the trip to Dallas?

To be honest... it wouldn't have been. I generally always enjoy seeing them play, but that would have been frustrating.

I guess I am lucky that my LG refrigerator that is 1.5 years old stopped working and is out of warranty... and that there was a gas shortage in Austin and Dallas because people decided to go crazy, and my dishwasher died and needs to be replaced...

Bottom line... I decided not to go... I guess that at least worked out.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were all done...last year on them...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did we try recruiting Bush? The kid is something special.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. He chose Meatchicken over us.

Sheez, a kid from Hollywood chose Ann Arbor over Gainesville? Where the hell was Shannon? (Sorry for being late to the party.)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sheez, a kid from Hollywood chose Ann Arbor over Gainesville? Where the hell was Shannon? (Sorry for being late to the party.)

This staff didn't realize that they needed to recruit defense until last year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I feel for our players on O having any of their talents completely wasted. We got manhandled partly because of our predictability and the fact that we ran into a stacked box over and over and over and over. We were outnumbered along the line with their blitzes and stacking the box, yet we couldn't take advantage at all.

Sad times ahead :sadnanner:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I feel for our players on O having any of their talents completely wasted. We got manhandled partly because of our predictability and the fact that we ran into a stacked box over and over and over and over. We were outnumbered along the line with their blitzes and stacking the box, yet we couldn't take advantage at all.

Sad times ahead :sadnanner:
sadly if N. Colorado watches any game film at all next weeks game will be more competitive than many think.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
sadly if N. Colorado watches any game film at all next weeks game will be more competitive than many think.

If they have a DL with a pulse, it will be a struggle. You know it's bad when we have even the slightest concerns when facing cupcakes :facepalm:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather have a dirty diaper for dinner than watch nussmeir call another gator game . What the hell was that play sequence after the blocked punt? Run, short curl, obvious blown up run on 3rd .There is no urgency , killer instinct or balls on the offensive side of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.