I have a feeling that Franks is in for a long day on Saturday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not being a hater or dumper, just a realist. I think LSU is going to sell out to stop the run, leaving us one dimensional. At this point in his development, I can't see Franks being at a "make 'em pay" level, especially with Cleveland out. Expect to see Zaire at some point in game. Unfortunately.

Discuss.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Not being a hater or dumper, just a realist. I think LSU is going to sell out to stop the run, leaving us one dimensional. At this point in his development, I can't see Franks being at a "make 'em pay" level, especially with Cleveland out. Expect to see Zaire at some point in game. Unfortunately.

Discuss.

This may be a great narrative for the LSU game, but it's also going to be the story for the rest of the season. This game should be a good indicator of the how we will look moving forward.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Not being a hater or dumper, just a realist. I think LSU is going to sell out to stop the run, leaving us one dimensional. At this point in his development, I can't see Franks being at a "make 'em pay" level, especially with Cleveland out. Expect to see Zaire at some point in game. Unfortunately

I agree that the game hinges on Franks' ability to "make em pay." However, I think Franks is up to the task and picks the LSU defense apart. If we get up a couple of TDs I think LSU lies down and dies.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Maybe. Maybe not.

Deep, insightful, and reflects a thorough understanding not only of the comparative rosters but in the coaching philosophies at each program as they adapt throughout the season.

I would read again, and recommend it to others.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Running is our strength right now, especially with Davis. So I will reluctantly agree with Ox that LSU sells out to stop the run.

However, I think our backs will wear them down a bit. Like the last TD for Davis against Vandy, I expect he and Perine will get a few big runs and the rotation will wear LSU down. With that said, I also believe if LSU goes to stop the run, they aren't pass rushing as much, which will allow a little more time for our routes to develop. I do not expect UF to just run the ball, but to take advantage of a defense not focusing on the pass. I think we'll come out balanced on the stat sheet for run/pass plays and yardage.

I'm similarly expecting UF to focus on Guice and stopping the run, forcing the LSU offense to pass. And here, I have more faith in our DBs against whomever is their QB, than in LSU's DBs against Franks. I anticipate a pair of picks, possibly one for a TD, by our defense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't Vandy's defensive line. LSU has horses up front, as always. And this time, they are pissed and embarrassed coming off that loss to Troy.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015

Discuss.

Man I’m amongst the most positive people on this board and I have to admit, I’m feeling the same way. Losing Cleveland really really hurts for this game. LSU knows how dangerous he can be and would have had to pay him attention keeping at least one safety out of the box. I’m expecting a TON of screens, misdirection and Toney wildcat work. I see that Franks is improving but he’s not at the point where you can take away his best WR and he still be effective without a lot of scheme help from the coaches

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that could happen but LSU has looked pretty soft against the run. If Troy can run for 200+ yards on them and Miss State almost 300 yards on them we should be able to run on them.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Deep, insightful, and reflects a thorough understanding not only of the comparative rosters but in the coaching philosophies at each program as they adapt throughout the season.

I would read again, and recommend it to others.

:dance:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If we can correctly execute our passing game in the flat consistently to our RB coming out of the backfield and also a legitimate screen occasionally then we’ll chew them up if they are selling out against the run. Execution is key. What’s frustrating, though, is seeing us either not do it or not do it successfully but then watching Vandy run those 2 plays successfully against us last week.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like someone has a thread like this for EVERY week. You doom and gloomers HAVE to be right one of these weeks right??!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Discuss.

Upon further reading through the forum, I must stop and commend you for hiding a lack of original thought behind some editing - you didn't quite copy-paste Marianna's post from yesterday.

It's going to tuff winning this game without our only elite WR. LSU is going to sellout on the run and make Felipe beat them with this bunch of unproven WR's. If we can't run it right up their ass for 4 quarters and if our defense (especially our safeties) doesn't get they sh*t together by sat it could be a long ass day for us. Btw...they're coming in with everyone back from suspension/injury :shakehead:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're predicting doom and gloom? Knock me over with a feather!
Instead of being a pretentious jerk, why don't you give us a breakdown of what you think will happen on Saturday? After all, you're the self-proclaimed football expert. Dazzle us.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Upon further reading through the forum, I must stop and commend you for hiding a lack of original thought behind some editing - you didn't quite copy-paste Marianna's post from yesterday.
I never saw that post.

Perhaps you should PM me if you have some personal issue with me and we can discuss it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like someone has a thread like this for EVERY week. You doom and gloomers HAVE to be right one of these weeks right??!!
Start adding something to this forum or I'm going to cave to popular opinion on what your status should be.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Gators win.

Running game gets going and franks throws the ball around a bit to the likes of massey, toney, swain and the TE's.

Go gators

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.