I have to say this

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If Will wins out and is still replaced I can live with it. If he wins out and is given another year. I can live with it. I think the wagon he hitched to the last four years (charlie Weiss and Johnny, Pease and JeffD)were not the answer to our offense and leadership. I think it had multiple effects on this team. All bad. Nothing consistent and QBs who just did not have IT. I think the kid we have now has the ability to lead us to wins. He just needs the snaps and reps. SOS proved that at USCe he needed a QB he could trust. Will certainly got it wrong with Johnny and Jeff. Both had BIG resumes from HS. All I know is we dominated UGA and the boys got a MUCH needed win. They gained confidence and know how to win again. We did not beat ourselves in anyway today. Total team win. One more thing. I was cursing Will and the OC at the end of the half when on 2nd and 22 we ran two times. I said "sh#t we need to take chances not settle for a FG" I immediately apologized when that fast little walk on WR bolted into the end zone. Impressive play and how the set it up.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n96326 said:
If Will wins out and is still replaced I can live with it. If he wins out and is given another year. I can live with it. I think the wagon he hitched to the last four years (charlie Weiss and Johnny, Pease and JeffD)were not the answer to our offense and leadership. I think it had multiple effects on this team. All bad. Nothing consistent and QBs who just did not have IT. I think the kid we have now has the ability to lead us to wins. He just needs the snaps and reps. SOS proved that at USCe he needed a QB he could trust. Will certainly got it wrong with Johnny and Jeff. Both had BIG resumes from HS. All I know is we dominated UGA and the boys got a MUCH needed win. They gained confidence and know how to win again. We did not beat ourselves in anyway today. Total team win. One more thing. I was cursing Will and the OC at the end of the half when on 2nd and 22 we ran two times. I said "sh#t we need to take chances not settle for a FG" I immediately apologized when that fast little walk on WR bolted into the end zone. Impressive play and how the set it up.

I feel the same way but something has to change on offense.The run game worked today but the past has shown that it won't always be this easy. he needs to get out of the offensive huddle and let Roper do his thing. I want to see Treon run the same offense I watched Duke run today.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OcalaGator83;n96344 said:
Yeah, poor Will has just been a victim of circumstance for years and years.
I aint taking up for WM, He was the boss and responsible for these decisions. I am just saying the poor QB playand the revolving OC door fcked us good. And for HOMER J we have to do more than run, I think we can with Roper and Treon, We need to get it ready for SOS and hafazzU.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I will agree to "a team win", that is the truth

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Homer J;n96351 said:
I feel the same way but something has to change on offense.The run game worked today but the past has shown that it won't always be this easy. he needs to get out of the offensive huddle and let Roper do his thing. I want to see Treon run the same offense I watched Duke run today.

It took Cutliff 5 or 6 years to get a winning record at Duke. I suspect it takes a while for these kids to really grasp the intricacies of a zone read offense. Duke players are also probably above average in terms of aptitude. Expecting a true freshman QB here to run the same offense in Roper's first year is unrealistic. Maybe if Roper were here at least 2 more years you would have a chance to see that, but that isn't likely happening.

As long as we can pound it with Jones and Taylor, we should do so. When D's load up the box, chuck it downfield via play action. Harris has shown he can throw it down the field accurately with a nice touch.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
%$#^ GEORGIA!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like Muschamp, but I really don't want him back. This one game with its 6 passes is not going to erase 4 years of complete and utter offensive ineptitude. That just can't be ignored. Sure, I'd love for him to win the rest of our games but I think that will just be more of the fool's gold we saw when we went 11-2. My giving him the benefit of the doubt ended against Georgia Southern and was reinforced with Missouri. Time for new blood.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have said for a while now that WM needs to be gone. I thank him for the great game yesterday but I have still not changed my opinion. It honestly looks as if he knows he is still done, even after the game yesterday. Don't hate the guy but ONE UGAly win cannot account for the last four years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yesterday amounted to the equivalent of the improbable upset win at Ron Zook Stadium in 2004, the difference being that Zook had already been dismissed and Muschamp hasn't yet. You almost get the feeling that we the fans will be the last to know what everyone inside the football program already does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.