I just heard Foley is finally out - will he have to be tazed?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the very least I hope the next guy doesnt further destroy the program or make multiple terrible hires before he gets fired.
:lol: This is my exact attitude whenever I start a new job: "I can only hope I don't screw up too bad before I get ultimately fired."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
muschamp-house-5.jpg

He can go stay with Chump at his place. He helped him make a downpayment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave it to Chump to choose a house with the glass prow-front facing away from the beautiful natural
body of water.??

Also, several SEC schools have ask Fooly to come elevate their programs of Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier (on SEC Nation) implied that Foley would have an office near his. It sounds like he will be on the premises in some capacity for some time.

Mushroom cloud in 3....2....1....
The HBC needs someone to shag his practice balls!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: This is my exact attitude whenever I start a new job: "I can only hope I don't screw up too bad before I get ultimately fired."
The bar is actually pretty low. All the new AD has to do is not make our facilities last in the SEC and not hire a Zook or Chimp. How hard is that? Id say most on internet forums could do that successfully.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Farewell letter from Foley:

http://floridagators.com/news/2016/10/31/general-letter-from-jeremy-foley.aspx

Dear Gator Fans:

There are many things that I've been thankful for during my 40-year career at the University of Florida Athletic program. I'm thankful for the people that gave me the initial opportunity to come to Gainesville as an intern fresh out of the Ohio University graduate program. I'm grateful for the numerous individuals who have mentored me and provided guidance throughout my career. I'm appreciative of Dr. John Lombardi, who hired me to be the Athletics Director in March of 1992. I'm thankful for all of the presidents for whom I've been fortunate enough to work – Dr. Young, Dr. Machen and Dr. Fuchs. I'm grateful for the extremely talented coaches, student athletes and administrative staff over the years who were committed to excellence both on and off the field. And I am especially thankful for the passion and support of the Gator Nation.

I know I've said it many times over my career, but our success would not be possible without your support. You have changed the lives of many student athletes over the years who have competed at the highest level and grew academically and socially during their time at the University of Florida. Some of the most rewarding notes I have received since my retirement have come from former student athletes who talk about the impact we've had on their lives. That could not have been accomplished without you and your support. And for that, again, I thank you.

I look forward to the next chapter of my life, but I take great comfort in knowing that your support will continue and that the program is in good hands under the direction of Scott Stricklin, one of the bright young minds in collegiate athletics.

I look forward to seeing you at our athletic events and beyond, because as we all know, the Gator Nation is everywhere.

Go Gators!
image_handler.aspx

Jeremy Foley

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So...Mississippi States is introducing its new AD tomorrow. Reportedly it is their CURRENT baseball coach John Cohen.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What I remember most about Jeremy was just how genuine he is, and he’s never someone that was big time. He was never someone who was too busy. He was just someone that was always genuine, that was there for all the students and he was always there for all of us athletes.” Tim Tebow

“Foley was one of the main reasons I came to UF. You can tell he cares about his athletes and makes it a point to know every single one, and that just spoke volumes to me. And to see him retire on top — he’s incredible.” Bridget Sloan Former UF gymnast

“With Gator Nation, he is the rock to it. He’s been such a wonderful mentor as a coach and giving his advice and his take on something when I ask for it. He’s a wonderful fan. He’s a great supporter. And he’s a really, really good friend.” Mary Wise

UF became first program in collegiate history to win football and men’s basketball national championships in the same calendar year (2006) 1 The only athletic director in Division I history to win multiple national titles in 1 football and men’s basketball UF has won the SEC’s All Sports Trophy 24 of the last 25 years 24 Since 1999, UF has invested $307 million in its athletic departments and facilities, including a $100 million master plan announced in Sept.

And let me leave you with this. Since he has been the AD we have not been fckd by the NCAA for rules violations at all. Those of us that remember the btt fckn by the NCAA with Pell appreciate that more than most of you will ever understand.....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator