I just watched the game

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Out working all day, being west coast I was able to avoid anybody telling me the score, got home and watched it on DVR.

First of all, wooooo hoooo! There is something about being able to just run the ball down someone's throat without them being able to stop it.

But I am still just dumbfounded at our complete inability to throw the ball. No I'm not talking about style points, I'm talking early in the game when things were very much up in the air we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. A screen pass and an improvised throw on the run. Other than wishbone teams like GT or Navy, I haven't seen a team this uncomfortable throwing the ball in, well, forever.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well its the first game I've seen where we attempted only 6 passes and had only 3 completions. 1 of which was a bubble screen. Maybe I'm forgetting another occurrence so remind me.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n96431 said:
We won, right? Who gives a fuuuuck how! We beat Georgia.

Imagine you're in a plane that crash lands, erupts in fire, breaks apart and you are thrown free of the wreckage and land unhurt in a mattress factory. I mean, who cares how we got here right? C'mon, the line's getting long at Disney!

This was an amazing game for anybody to watch. As a Gator fan, I'm ECSTATIC that we won! As a football fan, this was a crazy thing to watch. Basically ask the other team to only defend one aspect of the game and then proceed to cram it down the field anyway. It was great but crazy.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, I think you are right. The run was so expected in the second half that we could have tried some play action passes to loosen up the defense a little. The 7 -15 yard pass plays have totally disappeared from our offense. But running was ultimately successful, so we stuck with it. I don't think this works as an overall offensive game plan, but it definitely was good enough today. The Bulldog faithful are in full meltdown tonight...which brings another smile to the faces of the Gator Nation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n96437 said:
Originally posted by Swamp Queen View Post

Imagine you're in a plane that crash lands, erupts in fire, breaks apart and you are thrown free of the wreckage and land unhurt in a mattress factory. I mean, who cares how we got here right? C'mon, the line's getting long at Disney!
:lol:

I think what Zambo is trying to say is that passing 6 times and running 60 generally isn't going to win many SEC games. This was an extremely rare thing we saw today.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As conservative as Muschamp is, I understand (not agree)with why they ran it the entire game. Next week, however, they need to let Harris throw the ball some even if they don't need to, so he can gain some more experience for when they will need his arm in the future.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Treon's still too green with the ball. He had one mad scramble where he was outside the tackle box and could have easily thrown the ball away but instead ran out of bounds for a loss. There was the pick. The coaching staff obviously has concerns about his ability to protect the ball. Frankly, what little I did see of his arm, I wasn't all that impressed. He's not the future here. Grier is.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zambo;n96437 said:

This was an amazing game for anybody to watch. As a Gator fan, I'm ECSTATIC that we won! As a football fan, this was a crazy thing to watch. Basically ask the other team to only defend one aspect of the game and then proceed to cram it down the field anyway. It was great but crazy.

Imagine every week you are in a plane crash. Most weeks you catch on fire and burn on the way to the ground for 30,000 feet. Sometimes you hit a mattress. Welcome to Muschamp ball.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me first say, I was at the game and *&^%ing enjoyed it as much as anyone. However, if you don't let Harris throw it, he'll never be able to. We'll end up with a sophomore QB next season who only knows how to hand off the freaking ball.

That said, %$&^ GEORGIA.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And I thought that giving up 42 points to a team that only gained 119 yards was unbelievable! Man, I can't wait to see what we do next weekend. We'll probably rack up 800 yards of offense and get shut out.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n96458]Treon's still too green with the ball. He had one mad scramble where he was outside the tackle box and could have easily thrown the ball away but instead ran out of bounds for a loss. There was the pick. The coaching staff obviously has concerns about his ability to protect the ball. Frankly, what little I did see of his arm, I wasn't all that impressed. He's not the future here. Grier is.[/QUOTE]

First off, he didn't throw a pick in this game. Secondly, how can you predict a player's entire career based on 6 pass attempts? What has Grier done that says he'd do any better? Harris is a freshman and has made some expected freshman mistakes, but it's ridiculous to think that today is the best you will get out of him.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n96500 said:
First off, he didn't throw a pick in this game. Secondly, how can you predict a player's entire career based on 6 pass attempts? What has Grier done that says he'd do any better? Harris is a freshman and has made some expected freshman mistakes, but it's ridiculous to think that today is the best you will get out of him.

Thank you! One game where Muschamp handicapped Treon is all of a sudden "not impressive." You can tell this team plays harder for Treon than what they do for Driskel and all of a sudden he isn't the future? Why don't we wait until Harris has a fair shot to prove or disprove your notion. LOL What a horrible post.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n96431 said:
I agree with the sentiment Queen but winning like that is an aberration and for the chump a wet dream. It is the very thing that will get him fired.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxking;n96569 said:
I agree with the sentiment Queen but winning like that is an aberration and for the chump a wet dream. It is the very thing that will get him fired.

Absolutely agree. UGA's QB wasn't very good at beating our pass rush. A good QB that does will keep our offense of the field by picking up 1st downs and eventually win the game. Does anybody really believe we will be able to keep the same offense and win more than 2 more games this season ? I highly doubt it and this is coming from a fan of run heavy offenses. While I don't believe it would benefit the team to go pass crazy, we should be able to install a limited passing game throwing the ball maybe 15-18 times a game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n96500 said:

My bad. Meant to say fumble, referring to the early possession, the main point being (again) that the coaching staff was concerned re turning over the ball. No, a career does not six pass attempts make, but I've seen enough of the guy, the arm and the delivery through a series of games this season to gather the opinion that he's got limited upside. As for Grier, he may not be the answer either, but the guess is he has the tools to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator