I just watched the game

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n96570 said:
Absolutely agree. UGA's QB wasn't very good at beating our pass rush. A good QB that does will keep our offense of the field by picking up 1st downs and eventually win the game. Does anybody really believe we will be able to keep the same offense and win more than 2 more games this season ? I highly doubt it and this is coming from a fan of run heavy offenses. While I don't believe it would benefit the team to go pass crazy, we should be able to install a limited passing game throwing the ball maybe 15-18 times a game.

I'm sure they had a plan to throw the ball, but when you continue to gain 6-7 yards per run when they have 8 men in the box you just run with it. No one expected the Dwags to get run over like that...especially the Dwag Nation. Our defense finally played to their potential because the offense kept providing them with inspiration for a change. It was a great win and much needed for our team. I'll take a W any way we can get it at this point.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Swamp Queen;n96431 said:
We won, right? Who gives a fuuuuck how! We beat Georgia.

Why you pumpers always resort to profanity? Typical. Pumpers = Liberals

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Agree with Swamp Queen, enjoy the win folks. If you can't enjoy the win, get some help.

I have no problem with the game plan this week because it worked. However it will not work against USCe or FSU. Since our defense should be able to clamp down on Vandy, the Vandy game should be a perfect opportunity to get some game reps in throwing the ball around. Two weeks of practice and a soft game should be enough time to get the passing game up to speed.

Yes I know, the passing game should already be up to speed. I'm looking forward, not back.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
2ndAmend;n96610 said:

Stereotype much? All pumpers use profanity and everyone that uses profanity is a liberal. Sounds like a radical left wing stereotype to me.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n96586 said:
It was a great win and much needed for our team. I'll take a W any way we can get it at this point.
I hear ya on the W. I think also we had a lot of emotion and it's very common for teams to fall flat after a big emotional win in a rivalry game. To win out though we will need at least a functional passing game. UGA's defense just isn't all that great at stopping the run IMO.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n96610 said:

WTF?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many threads am I going to have to lock or send to solitary?

Jeez..

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Looking at Harris's 6 passes. He misses a couple high early. Very well could just be a kid amped up in his first college start. Makes a nice throw on a scramble to R-rob who fails to get his left foot down. Had plenty of room to do so, but the waist high throw makes it a little tougher to do toe tap drill than a more elevated throw. Throws a very nice catchable swing pass. Makes a very nice pass to Pittman inside the 5. Two things I liked about this pass. Changed arm angle to work around defender in his face. Secondly, he throws the ball slightly behind Pittman so as to not lead him into the Georgia defender. Limited sample, but liked what I saw.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n96466 said:
Let me first say, I was at the game and *&^%ing enjoyed it as much as anyone. However, if you don't let Harris throw it, he'll never be able to. We'll end up with a sophomore QB next season who only knows how to hand off the freaking ball.

That said, %$&^ GEORGIA.
That's right. The kid can pass but you have to have pass plays. I'm not sure they had any pass plays in their repertoire. Throwing on 3rd and long is not the time to play action. Same old "chump ball". That guy would play every game like this, even if Aaron Rogers was QB, if he could get by with it. He's an offensive idiot.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GatorJ;n96659 said:
How many threads am I going to have to lock or send to solitary?

Jeez..

just want to keep you on your toes :cool:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely agree. UGA's QB wasn't very good at beating our pass rush. A good QB that does will keep our offense of the field by picking up 1st downs and eventually win the game. Does anybody really believe we will be able to keep the same offense and win more than 2 more games this season ? I highly doubt it and this is coming from a fan of run heavy offenses. While I don't believe it would benefit the team to go pass crazy, we should be able to install a limited passing game throwing the ball maybe 15-18 times a game.
There is some brains under the concrete :-). I enjoyed the running as well but a timely play action pass now and then would have been just the ticket. The truth is, the chump was able to play "not to lose" for the entire 2nd half and then some because, for some reason, the Dawg defense decided to stay home. If we think our offensive line is going to dominate anybody else like this then we might as well join the pumpers and drink the cool-aid.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxking;n96705 said:
That's right. The kid can pass but you have to have pass plays. I'm not sure they had any pass plays in their repertoire. Throwing on 3rd and long is not the time to play action. Same old "chump ball". That guy would play every game like this, even if Aaron Rogers was QB, if he could get by with it. He's an offensive idiot.

I really thought the coaches were just trying to win the game. Much of the playacting in the second half looked like they were coaching not to lose. From their perspective, they avoided blocking assignment failures, sacks and fumbles. They went with the simplest plan and it was working so why take the risk? Let Harris get comfortable and work on blocking assignments to this week to expand the passing game. They had Driskel throwing a lot and I think they will increase Harris's attempts in coming weeks.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96617 said:
Stereotype much? All pumpers use profanity and everyone that uses profanity is a liberal. Sounds like a radical left wing stereotype to me.
Don't you mean right wing?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

SC even with that bad defense will just focus the next 2 weeks on slowing our running game down at all costs. That play where Moore pulled over and over successfully probably won't work nearly as good when they prepare that long for that stuff. We will probably have to have some decent passing to beat a SC team desperate for a win.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to see TH throw as well. But there was literally no reason to throw it and risk a turnover when they couldn't stop the run game. Nothing demoralizes a team like a running attack that they just can't stop. You can't stop the clock and get the ball back to your offense. You're helpless.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
SC hasn't been able to prepare for anybody defensively all season. They get beat by the same shiiit week after week. We need to work on our onside kick receiving team more than anything else.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Swamp Queen;n96431 said:
We won, right? Who gives a fuuuuck how! We beat Georgia.

This is the response that was worn out to the criticism all throughout the horse shoe up the butt 2012 season.

"we won, right? STFU!"

Forest for the trees folks. Some people are just incapable of seeing things for what they are.

The inability to pass will DOOM us long term. Same as it ever was under WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.