I just watched the game

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96711 said:
Let Harris get comfortable and work on blocking assignments to this week to expand the passing game. They had Driskel throwing a lot and I think they will increase Harris's attempts in coming weeks.

They had two weeks to prepare for this game. That's not my point anyway. We still had several 3 and outs because of this infernal same ole offensive tactic by the chump that will not and has not been successful on a regular basis outside the aberration of 2012. He was just lucky enough in this game to have scored 38 points on the ground. That's like winning the lotto or capturing lightening in a bottle. It's wonderful but cannot be expected to happen again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n96727 said:
SC hasn't been able to prepare for anybody defensively all season. They get beat by the same shiiit week after week. We need to work on our onside kick receiving team more than anything else.

Just saying I bet we aren't able to just run at will with them having 2 weeks to prepare and they were missing their top tackler recently.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix;n96462 said:
Imagine every week you are in a plane crash. Most weeks you catch on fire and burn on the way to the ground for 30,000 feet. Sometimes you hit a mattress. Welcome to Muschamp ball.

Exactamundo.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I always wanted to be able to run it down a teams throat even when they knew you were running.....like Nebraska in the 90's. We're going to run it here, try to stop us. I loved it. Do I think its sustainable? No, but I do think with the threat of a dominating run game can open up some easy single coverage and zone passes for treon which can get us more balanced. But if the team cant stop the run even when they know its coming? No brainer. Ram it down their throats!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n96737 said:
Just saying I bet we aren't able to just run at will with them having 2 weeks to prepare and they were missing their top tackler recently.

Who is going to prepare them?
Their pass defense is bad to.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n96743 said:
Who is going to prepare them?

I have seen it too many times in college football. Remember us Jumbo packaging teams to death and then a team supposedly not good against the run shutting it down the next few games.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxking;n96733 said:
They had two weeks to prepare for this game. That's not my point anyway. We still had several 3 and outs because of this infernal same ole offensive tactic by the chump that will not and has not been successful on a regular basis outside the aberration of 2012. He was just lucky enough in this game to have scored 38 points on the ground. That's like winning the lotto or capturing lightening in a bottle. It's wonderful but cannot be expected to happen again.

You can get lucky in the passing game. No luck involved with 60 carries for 420 yards. That's a flat out ass whipping.

TommyGator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n96457 said:
As conservative as Muschamp is, I understand (not agree)with why they ran it the entire game. Next week, however, they need to let Harris throw the ball some even if they don't need to, so he can gain some more experience for when they will need his arm in the future.

I believe that is exactly what we will see.

TommyGator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n96467 said:
And I thought that giving up 42 points to a team that only gained 119 yards was unbelievable! Man, I can't wait to see what we do next weekend. We'll probably rack up 800 yards of offense and get shut out.

SHUT UP! :kick:

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
Was there any discussion about how windy it was in the stadium? Just wondered if that had any effect on our play calling. That is without a doubt the windiest day I have ever experienced on this planet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n96721 said:
SC even with that bad defense will just focus the next 2 weeks on slowing our running game down at all costs. That play where Moore pulled over and over successfully probably won't work nearly as good when they prepare that long for that stuff. We will probably have to have some decent passing to beat a SC team desperate for a win.

That's right Fever. It will get scouted and studied. Regardless if a team has a mediocre defense or not it will be difficult to use the same stuff repeatedly and have a lot of success a second time. In fact I'll almost be willing to bet next weeks game against Vandy is closer than we would like because our coaching staff is very slow to change up schemes.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ChattanooGATOR;n96776 said:
Was there any discussion about how windy it was in the stadium? Just wondered if that had any effect on our play calling. That is without a doubt the windiest day I have ever experienced on this planet.

You don't live in Florida do you? Hurricanes?

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
I indulged, but it was brutal. We saw countless flying chairs, tents, party favors, and even an overturned port-o-let in RV city. I just hoped a ball-licker was inside.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ChattanooGATOR;n96888 said:
I indulged, but it was brutal. We saw countless flying chairs, tents, party favors, and even an overturned port-o-let in RV city. I just hoped a ball-licker was inside.

No doubt. It was blustery.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Watching again. Robinson played a big part in blocking for our RBs. Our guys did a nice job waiting for and finding their lanes....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n96894 said:
Watching again. Robinson played a big part in blocking for our RBs. Our guys did a nice job waiting for and finding their lanes....

Robinson was a beast yesterday blocking. He needs to be rewarded next week @Vandy imo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;96889 said:
ChattanooGATOR;n96888 said:
No doubt. It was blustery.

2u3xixx.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It was a great win. Anytime you beat them it is great. The question was legitimate one though. You aren't going to win many games throwing 6 passes. Smoke and mirrors. It worked for a game and worked well. No reason not to enjoy the win.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n96631 said:
I hear ya on the W. I think also we had a lot of emotion and it's very common for teams to fall flat after a big emotional win in a rivalry game. To win out though we will need at least a functional passing game. UGA's defense just isn't all that great at stopping the run IMO.

A couple of things. First, I believe UGAs run d was 13th in the country and 2nd in the SEC before yesterday. Our guys deserve some credit for performance. Second, I'm not sure anyone is advocating for yesterday's gameplan to be repeated. It doesn't take a lot of football IQ to say that we won't be able to run it 60 times for 400+ yards every game. There is a difference between saying "I don't care how we won it yesterday" and "we should do the same thing the rest of the year."

I'm happy we won yesterday and glad the players showed some life. I still think we have to go in a different direction for next year, but I will always enjoy watching the gators play well no matter who is in charge

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.