I just watched the game

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n96958 said:
A couple of things. First, I believe UGAs run d was 13th in the country and 2nd in the SEC before yesterday. Our guys deserve some credit for performance. Second, I'm not sure anyone is advocating for yesterday's gameplan to be repeated. It doesn't take a lot of football IQ to say that we won't be able to run it 60 times for 400+ yards every game. There is a difference between saying "I don't care how we won it yesterday" and "we should do the same thing the rest of the year."

I'm happy we won yesterday and glad the players showed some life. I still think we have to go in a different direction for next year, but I will always enjoy watching the gators play well no matter who is in charge

Solid post!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n96958 said:
A couple of things. First, I believe UGAs run d was 13th in the country and 2nd in the SEC before yesterday. Our guys deserve some credit for performance. Second, I'm not sure anyone is advocating for yesterday's gameplan to be repeated. It doesn't take a lot of football IQ to say that we won't be able to run it 60 times for 400+ yards every game. There is a difference between saying "I don't care how we won it yesterday" and "we should do the same thing the rest of the year."

I'm happy we won yesterday and glad the players showed some life. I still think we have to go in a different direction for next year, but I will always enjoy watching the gators play well no matter who is in charge

I agree but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Muschamp thinks we can run it 50 times for 300 yards. :rolleyes3:

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
G 2;n96964 said:
I agree but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Muschamp thinks we can run it 50 times for 300 yards. :rolleyes3:

I'm sure he'd love that combined with about 20 throws for 200 yards. Not exactly balanced, but it would work.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
You know, running puts so much pressure on the D and thoroughly wears them down. Then mentally it gets in their heads when THEY know your gonn run it, and you run it and there's nothing they can do to stop it. It chews up clock and is less risky than misreading a coverage, or a tipped ball pick 6 or just stopping the clock when you want it to run.

Yesterday reminded me of the BAMA Ingram/Richardson dominant running attack that no one could stop and we all knew there were gonna do it.

I'm for high percentage, ball control, chain moving drives...whatever that involves. But if your ahead, you have two stud running backs and a slippery QB who just picks up the 1st downs...keep doing it...

It works, period

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I don't think they plan on running it 60 times a game. But I bet they are damn glad they had the ability to do so.
Wasn't that long ago that there wasn't enough carries to go around and there's the talk of guys transferring.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why go away from what is working? We were running the ball at will. They will throw more when they need to, but why would you stop running the ball when it is working that well?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While running successfully, a pass every now and then reminds them that you will, and often leads to even more success running the ball. Yesterday worked out fine, no doubt, but there were at least 10 opportunities to play action a safe pass on first or second down. If it is not there, throw it away...but they would then have to contend with the reality of not stopping the run and trying to cover a pass at the same time. It is a strategy employed throughout the football world that has been run from this program like a scalded dog (no pun intended).

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96450 said:
:lol:

I think what Zambo is trying to say is that passing 6 times and running 60 generally isn't going to win many SEC games. This was an extremely rare thing we saw today.

Yea, a win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n97000 said:
I don't think they plan on running it 60 times a game.
He said that was the plan. That was the plan in 2012 and he went banana-azz crazy when reporters criticized it.

What makes you think he was lying?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n97088 said:
He said that was the plan. That was the plan in 2012 and he went banana-azz crazy when reporters criticized it.

What makes you think he was lying?

No he specifically said they planned on throwing it more. But because they were having such success running it and because of the score in the game they stuck with it. He's not bullheaded and adapted the gameplan as they went. Solid coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator