I need medical advice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bursa - but I hope not.
Do you mean MRSA ("mursa")? As a general rule, I wouldn't take advice from someone who can't spell or pronounce his diagnosis.

There's simply way too many things that could be. No way to tell from a pic.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF? Was there some reason given for TWO antibiotics?

You will have diarrhea for a week.

One's an antibiotic, the other's an antifungal. They did it in lieu of a culture.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One's an antibiotic, the other's an antifungal. They did it in lieu of a culture.
If so, I'm getting rusty, man. And they don't trust their diagnosis.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you mean MRSA ("mursa")? As a general rule, I wouldn't take advice from someone who can't spell or pronounce his diagnosis.

There's simply way too many things that could be. No way to tell from a pic.

What's funny is I almost responded to Bart to explain what a bursa is. But I wanted everyone to keep it coming. :lol:

Those two antibiotics are in different classes.... So wider spectrum of coverage. I wont get diarrhea. Not these intestines.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Give us a report in two days.

Another explosive diarrhea thread which Ox will think is HOF.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Give us a report in two days.

Another explosive diarrhea thread which Ox will think is HOF.

Deal. Obviously..... I dont mind sharing things I probably shouldn't. :lol:

That one isnt antifungal though. The sulfamethoxale is actually a twofer.... It includes trimethoprim. So technically 3 antibiotics. Most importantly.... I'll stay out of the sun.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's VERBing him. Lawyers tend to do that. :)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Way late to this thread but that's got to be a spider bite.

I honestly couldn't think of anything clever so I went with a serious answer. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
DON'T PUT OINTMENT ON IT.......It's a spider bite. Mix baking soda and water into a thick paste nd put it on the spot....Let it dry to a crust then peel it off and reapply over nd over for the next several days. I 've been bit before and if you apply ointment over it the skin can heal too fast locking in the venom which can lead to ...yep, Mersa....I worked in commercial pest control years back and was bit on my lower leg. It swelled to one and a half times the size of my other leg before I realized what I did wrong. Most people never know when they're bitten because you don't feel it, it doesn't sting or burn at first and 99 out of 100 Doctors don't know how the diagnose it properly.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DON'T PUT OINTMENT ON IT.......It's a spider bite. Mix baking soda and water into a thick paste nd put it on the spot....Let it dry to a crust then peel it off and reapply over nd over for the next several days. I 've been bite before and if you apply ointment over it the skin can heal too fast locking in the venom which can lead to ...yep, Mersa....I worked in commercial pest control years back and was bite on my lower leg. It swelled to one and a half times the size of my other leg before I realized what I did wrong. Most people never know when they're bitten because you don't feel it, it doesn't sting or burn at first and 99 out of 100 Doctors don't know how the diagnose it properly.

It aint a spider bite.

But regardless of your mrsa theory.... sulfamethoxale/trimthoprim would be prescribed for that anyway.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not being treated for a spider bite?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It aint a spider bite.

But regardless of your mrsa theory.... sulfamethoxale/trimthoprim would be prescribed for that anyway.
I hope you're right......I nearly had to have my lower leg amputated before I got it under control.....Is it hot?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you're right......I nearly had to have my lower leg amputated before I got it under control.....Is it hot?

Well, I do appreciate the serious input. (Although I figured this thead was going to be more for laughs). But within 24 hours of the first signs that this aint right.... I've been through 2 of my docs and my personal GP today. So I honestly could not have moved any faster. The mupirocin is also a prescription level ointment. And bathing with the hibiclens (which is the soap surgeons use to scrub in with). But even if you are 100% correct and it is mrsa..... I'm already on the antibiotic that covers that.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I do appreciate the serious input. (Although I figured this thead was going to be more for laughs). But within 24 hours of the first signs that this aint right.... I've been through 2 of my docs and my personal GP today. So I honestly could not have moved any faster. The mupirocin is also a prescription level ointment. And bathing with the hibiclens (which is the soap surgeons use to scrub in with). But even if you are 100% correct and it is mrsa..... I'm already on the antibiotic that covers that.
You're quadruple covered for MRSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator