I read an article on GatorSports and then commented.....

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In a weak moment I lost my rational mind and read an article on Gator Sports. This was a dumb mistake in itself but then followed it with a comment that strayed from the standard position of the minions.

I was attacked by several folks over there, probably Dooley and Andreu and some of their relatives, even though what I said was relatively benign.

I would like to blame them but it was my fault for being an idiot and clicking on the article.
I now remember why I never go to that site.

Lesson learned.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were three posters online at the same time? That must be a new high watermark at GSMB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In a weak moment I lost my rational mind and read an article on Gator Sports. This was a dumb mistake in itself but then followed it with a comment that strayed from the standard position of the minions.

I was attacked by several folks over there, probably Dooley and Andreu and some of their relatives, even though what I said was relatively benign.

I would like to blame them but it was my fault for being an idiot and clicking on the article.
I now remember why I never go to that site.

Lesson learned.
Link?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There were three posters online at the same time? That must be a new high watermark at GSMB.

Willing to bet journalism interns at the Sun are running multiple accounts to give the appearance of life over there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I believe he's talking about the comment section on an article, not the board. Was just over there and there hasn't been a single post on the board for well over a week. It's deceased.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I agree the forum is dead. It wouldn't surprise me if there were interns propping up the 'articles' with comments of support under alias accounts.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I was somewhat active over there for a while. My interest started to fade starting with the Muschamp days. Got really sick of Caine ..... and/or Alvin. Put me off message boards for years. I'm still in recovery. Glad I found this place.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You would have thought they'd be able to generate some mojo post-disuptive. Zilch. The worst time to try and rebuild from scratch is while UF football is in a decade-long funk.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, they did it to themselves.
Didn't they? As arrogantly and self-righteous as they could with the public dis of the Halifax thread when the real message was the inexplicable neglect of their own sports forum.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good rule of thumb, don't compound an error by publicizing that error!

That's like giving someone a bat and saying, Hit me!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Damn straight.

:suspect:
giphy.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe he's talking about the comment section on an article, not the board. Was just over there and there hasn't been a single post on the board for well over a week. It's deceased.

Correct, I was commenting on an article. My mistake was reading an article on the site to begin with.

I haven't visited that forum in a long long time. I wasn't even sure it still existed.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how to break this to you guys, but they really don't care. They're probably sitting around sharing a bag of Doritos and decide they'd better look busy, so they post something on the piece of **** they already destroyed.

They can't possibly think that its worth posting anything. They can't be that stupid can they?

On second thought.

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
When they suspended the forum for being butt-hurt is what got me.

The thought by cutting us off, we'd come crawling back to them, hat in hand, waiting for the opportunity to post on their boards.

Typical corporate arrogance: you gotta respect the customers or they leave. They didn't - we left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator