I Really Like Westbrook

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Something about this kid makes me really like him in this offense. I think the combo of him/burton can be the McGee were missing...would like to see him in on more plays. I could be wrong about this but his size and speed really makes him an attractive target in the passing game if we get him into the game more...

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Eh, big body, good blocker, but a little on the slow side, marginal hands, and certainly won't be racking up yards after the catch. But he's good for a quick catch and ten yard jaunt to the end zone occasionally, like v Kentucky. Like all Gators, I'm pulling for him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No but what I saw with him when he scored the other night is what I think makes him a dangerous player...in those situations we dont need someone super quick...thats what I like about him. I shoulda referred to that.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg said:
No but what I saw with him when he scored the other night is what I think makes him a dangerous player...in those situations we dont need someone super quick...thats what I like about him. I shoulda referred to that.
That was a nice play by Westbrook. Teams don't look at him as an offensive threat, so in that regard, he may be able to sneak some plays in from time to time. And by all indications, he's a good guy and solid Gator.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
I saw him miss more blocks than necessary against Kentucky for a blocking TE. Mainly where he was in H back and went in motion near the snap across the formation.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
chferg said:
He will attract attention now though. lol

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n54692 said:
Westbrook is ok. Now that Rod Johnson fella, he's someone I am liking

Your Einhorn persona is coming through.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
NavetG8r;54697 said:
Ray Finkle;n54692 said:
Westbrook is ok. Now that Rod Johnson fella, he's someone I am liking
Your Einhorn persona is coming through.
:naughty:
Is it because I said rod and Johnson in the same sentence?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I liked him because he was sort of a "secret weapon" because nobody was going to cover him. I doubt we will hear his name called much more this year. Hopefully Burton can step up.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We really need a TE that can make catches down the middle of the field. Burton, nor Westbrook have the speed to shake most SEC LB's. I'm hoping they can get Goolsby going, because he can motor.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GIGator;n54975 said:
We really need a TE that can make catches down the middle of the field. Burton, nor Westbrook have the speed to shake most SEC LB's. I'm hoping they can get Goolsby going, because he can motor.

I agree. At some point Goolsby could be a difference maker for the offense. We will need someone at the position who can attack the seam routes between the LB's and safety's to keep the defense from crowding the LOS or cheating to double our WR's. Westbrook and Burton are probably limited to catching 5 yard outs. Goolsby also can do more with the ball after the catch as you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.