I was told that being the Slumlords of the SEC would mean.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That we would come out on top after the 2008 and Wuhan Recessions.

Still waiting for everyone else to implode and for all the best players and coaches to come running to our little Section 8 ghetto so we roar back to the top.

What is it going to take? We just keep falling farther and farther behind.

Is it going to take an actual asteroid strike for this to occur? Are deep recessions not enough?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the actual f*ck are you talking about?
I know you are a little slow. Let me try to help and explainicate it in detail for you.

Folley Nobshlobbers assured us that we were the only team in the SEC that was financially sound because we were not blowing our money on new facilities. They assured us that as soon as the economy slowdown it would be obvious that we were the only viable program. Only Gators would survive.

Two slowdownz later.....

The chasm between Alabama and us is even wider, as they've had three facility upgrades while we've had zero. They had two expansions just since we announcned or all in one in 2015.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I know you are a little slow. Let me try to help and explainicate it in detail for you.

Folley Nobshlobbers assured us that we were the only team in the SEC that was financially sound because we were not blowing our money on new facilities. They assured us that as soon as the economy slowdown it would be obvious that we were the only viable program. Only Gators would survive.

Two slowdownz later.....

The chasm between Alabama and us is even wider, as they've had three facility upgrades while we've had zero. They had two expansions just since we announcned or all in one in 2015.
Neat....cool story!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Two slowdownz later.....

tenor.gif

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The sooner we recognize our true place in line, the happier we will be.

We will never be Alabama, thank goodness.

Swonkey knows it's true.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and acting as if it was a prevailing opinion that has been repudiated. :lol2:
Fooley was the GOAT and knows how to guard his checkbook (except for his own raises)?

it absolutely was the prevailing thought.

there are a few holdouts, mostly vocally Vulcan and Corch.

but what I celebrate is people changing their mind.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
...and here "they" are now!

51ZRv1UYJhL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Gotta love Swonkster's hilarious habit of emerging from a stupor and responding to some random post he remembers from years ago, and acting as if it was a prevailing opinion that has been repudiated. :lol2:
was long before you arrived, but there was a period where a significant portion of the board pumped foley as the GOAT. Maybe not to the level that donk implies but it was significant and there were a multitude of excuses made for him when the house of cards began to collapse. Now you won't find anyone around claiming it, but there were many that wore foley pajamas long before they posted how much he sucks balls.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I blurted laughter. One of the best gifs ever. :lol:

Good thing that lamppost was half-assed planted in the ground and not in concrete like it should have been or she would have broken some ribs.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I blurted laughter. One of the best gifs ever. :lol:

Good thing that lamppost was half-assed planted in the ground and not in concrete like it should have been or she would have broken some ribs.
Still possible that she may have. She made low contact with the post and still moved it significantly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.