I will be completely on board if UF hires

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will be completely on board if UF hires, Campbell, Frost, C.Kelly, Norvell, B. Stoops or Spurrier

I will be neutral or in a show me mode if UF hires, Barbers, Brohm, Gundy, Strong, Tagert

I will be unhappy if UF hires Miles, Mullen,

Have I left anyone off? Are you Chip Kelly guys Chip or bust guys now?

1. Kelly / Frost
2. Stoops
3. Kiffin
4. Taggert
5. Campbell

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Frost to the NFL? I don't see it. Heck, there's talk that he himself feels he's not ready the culture shock of leading a college program like Florida.
And that plays in to the rumor of him going to Nebraska. Less pressure. The NFL isn't going to judge him on winning championships. They'll judge his entire body of work. After marinating at Nebraska for a few years he'll be ready for the NFL. I would not be surprised if that is his long term plan.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
1. Kelly / Frost
2. Stoops
3. Kiffin
4. Taggert
5. Campbell

Why is Kiffin in your top 3-4? He may be a reasonably effective OC when he has Bama or USC 5-star talent on hand. As a HC? .250 winner in the NFL, .500 against the SEC his one season at Ut. He’s despised everywhere he’s ever worked.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I had to listen to Shane Matthews tug Stoops Peter all week, I just can't understand the love for that guy.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I had to listen to Shane Matthews tug Stoops Peter all week, I just can't understand the love for that guy.
What's not to love? Dude fix our defense and made it possible to win an NC and if not for the SEC being the power that it is, he'd probably have several NC at Oklahoma. Not saying I want him but it wouldn't be the worst hire we could make.....not by a long shot.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Kiffin in your top 3-4? He may be a reasonably effective OC when he has Bama or USC 5-star talent on hand. As a HC? .250 winner in the NFL, .500 against the SEC his one season at Ut. He’s despised everywhere he’s ever worked.

I don't know. Maybe because his team is in a bowl and our team isn't...

Maybe I like his cockiness.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
As long as it's not Ron Zook, Will Muschamp, or Butters....I'm fine with it.
But I don't want to see UF go into the FOOLy mode and saddle us with Charlie Weis or Mark Mangino. I don't think the budget can
take another hit by paying the food bill for either of these wide bodies.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Appreciate the response. I don’t like him at all and was curious.

I am sort of between you and homerj on Kiffin. I think if he were ours and he was winning big, we would view him as we did Spurrier.

The problem is that Kiffen was pushed too quickly into jobs he was not ready for. Now I think he needs to be seasoned at FAU for 3 or so years. Once that happens, I think he might make a good head coach, if he has shown at FAU he learned some from his RaiderVolsTrojans experinces.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And that plays in to the rumor of him going to Nebraska. Less pressure. The NFL isn't going to judge him on winning championships. They'll judge his entire body of work. After marinating at Nebraska for a few years he'll be ready for the NFL. I would not be surprised if that is his long term plan.
Less pressure at Nebraska? Those idiots are just as crazy as UF if not more... other than Nebraska football there is literally nothing else there. Now if strictly talking b pressure of schedule then yes that's less pressure

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I am sort of between you and homerj on Kiffin. I think if he were ours and he was winning big, we would view him as we did Spurrier.

The problem is that Kiffen was pushed too quickly into jobs he was not ready for. Now I think he needs to be seasoned at FAU for 3 or so years. Once that happens, I think he might make a good head coach, if he has shown at FAU he learned some from his RaiderVolsTrojans experinces.

He’s a smart offensive coach. He’s a great recruiter. But he has some character flaws that make him a pariah at Oakland, Ut & USC. That’s 3 major jobs and all of his prior HC jobs. How much did his nonsense going into the NCG cost Bama? (That one isn’t as clear since Saban burns through assistants.)

Just my opinion, but I think he’s poison. Looks to be a moot point now.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Winner!!
Winner!!

I wish we had more time but we don't. Of course, we don't know if he can recruit at all, and can he recruit defense because he's never had a job very long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.