Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and fuk Herschel Walker.
I will give him credit for this though.
Herschel Walker: Players Received 'Hush Money' From NFL to Stand for Anthem
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/02/herschel-walker-players-received-hush-money-nfl-stand-anthem

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker accused the NFL of essentially giving out "hush money" to stop players from kneeling for the national anthem.

The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner highlighted the fact that the NFL in late November offered $100 million to social justice organizations favored by players.

The move was widely viewed as an attempt by the league to end the controversy surrounding the anthem protests.

"The league gave the players a large sum of money toward their cause. That's hush money," he said, adding that players never should have been kneeling in the first place.

Walker said Colin Kaepernick would not have begun kneeling for the anthem if he was the San Francisco 49ers starting quarterback, rather than the backup, in the 2016 season.

"When you have an idle mind, you start doing things," he argued.

Walker said the men and women of the military are what he believes makes the country great.

"Yet you have guys who want to kneel, want to talk about their First Amendment rights. Well, your First Amendment right should be, 'I want to stand for our military," he said.

The former Philadelphia Eagle predicted the NFC champs will defeat New England on Sunday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So he's calling the NFL brass a bunch of pansies?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
and fuk Herschel Walker.
I will give him credit for this though.
Herschel Walker: Players Received 'Hush Money' From NFL to Stand for Anthem
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/02/herschel-walker-players-received-hush-money-nfl-stand-anthem

The former Philadelphia Eagle predicted the NFC champs will defeat New England on Sunday.

giphy.gif

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've talked with HW several times and find him to be a nice guy. If he wasn't a Butt Sniffer I might even say "I like him".

I used to work for a Company head-quartered in Wrightsville, Ga. and HW (can't spell his name) was a part owner.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Am I the only one with a long enough memory span to remember that the protests had zero to do with the military? Yet every single time someone brings it up, they're attacking the strawman that kneeling has something to do with the military.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

If anyone doesn't think that gaslighting doesn't work, well - here's your proof.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... that guy's name is Charles and the girl next to him asked "what's up-Chuck?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one with a long enough memory span to remember that the protests had zero to do with the military? Yet military.
every single time someone brings it up, they're attacking the strawman that kneeling has something to do with the military.

They targeted a specific time-span when all were honoring the flag. All those minds were honoring what that flag represents i.e. the inalienable rights (for all mankind) contained in our constitution. The fact that our military sacrifice life and limbs to uphold what that flag represents ties our honoring the flag to honoring our military. Protesters purposely show disdain for those ideas the vast majority hold respect for. That's their meanness, since the real time & place to protest a few terrible rogue cops is picketing in front of a police station or the mayor's office.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Am I the only one with a long enough memory span to remember that the protests had zero to do with the military? Yet every single time someone brings it up, they're attacking the strawman that kneeling has something to do with the military.

If anyone doesn't think that gaslighting doesn't work, well - here's your proof.

That’s why it’s a dumb mode of protest. Instead of calling attention to the issue they intend to highlight it enrages a significant part of the population who interpret it as disrespectful to the flag, Veterans, etc. - as you said, “every single time.”

If what you’re saying isn’t being heard you’ve got to adjust.

Kaepernick launched it a month after the massacre of 5 Dallas police officers - a department that had been and continues to be proactive in community relations and training to ACTUALLY address the issue, as well the ambush execution of 3 Baton Rouge police officers.

Who is tone deaf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.