Idaho game will not be rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
From another site and the guy is usually truthful from what I remember - he may post here also I am not sure. The "buddy" comment places a little doubt possibly however.

"According to a buddy of mine that works in the Florida AD, the Idaho game will not be rescheduled. Refunds will be made.

Idaho didn't want to travel across the country again. They still get paid. Petrino wanted to play in December.We will play them again in 2017."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lol - I would probably lean to this being true but the buddy comment gives a little pause.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A radio host here locally and gator alum just said that Muschamp wants no part in playing that game on Oct. 25th. He wants that bye.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
what if he said some as.hole i hate in the AD office told me?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Florida would truly pay Idaho the whole amount either - you would think they might just pay the travel expenses since it was an "act of God" by the contract language from what I have read but then you might get into other legal arguments.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No big deal. Move forward with the next 2 cupcakes.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good news/bad news I guess. Bad news in that we don’t get badly needed game experience and practice. Good news in that we won’t risk any injuries on what is quite frankly a meaningless game.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
divits said:
Good news/bad news I guess. Bad news in that we don’t get badly needed game experience and practice. Good news in that we won’t risk any injuries on what is quite frankly a meaningless game.
If you meant that we did not get game experience in Week 1, then yes. Otherwise, there's not very useful additional experience to be gained during the make-up week. We will have played stronger SEC competition by then.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I figured we'd reschedule. Tam rescheduled they're their opener that got rained out in 12. Either way we all know it's not the end of the world

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
After last year, game experience and practice are welcome WHENEVER this team can get it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't surprise me that we didn't reschedule. A&M was playing at La Tech which is much easier travel than Idaho to Florida. The bottom line is I think both teams don't want to play this game in Oct and it would be hard to schedule in Dec.

Idaho probably wants to play it in December so they can go somewhere warm for a couple of days!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Seems reasonable and if you don't pay such teams will be very hesitant to schedule in the future. We can afford it even with the tickets being refunded.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That seems like the path of least resistance, so I wouldn't be shocked if that is the decision. We're a path of least resistance society and a soft, politically correct society. Hell, maybe it'll thunder and lightning like hell for Bama and LSU too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This does have an effect on my ocd. I don't want us to have a weird record.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Idaho would be rescheduling a meaningless smashing loss. We'd be rescheduling a meaningless win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.