Idaho game will not be rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder if they truly have 100% decided to not reschedule this game since they didn't put out an official statement as of now. I think Foley said a decision would be made by Wednesday.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
This does have an effect on my ocd. I don't want us to have a weird record.
You realize that through most of CFB history, we haven't had 12 game seasons, right?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
This does have an effect on my ocd. I don't want us to have a weird record.
And somehow Spurrier still managed to win at least 9 games every season.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
That seems like the path of least resistance, so I wouldn't be shocked if that is the decision. We're a path of least resistance society and a soft, politically correct society. Hell, maybe it'll thunder and lightning like hell for Bama and LSU too.
Still butthurt DC?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like the poster is backing off now that the game will 100% not be played. We will see later today I guess.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n40373 said:
A radio host here locally and gator alum just said that Muschamp wants no part in playing that game on Oct. 25th. He wants that bye.

Good for Muschamp. While players can be hurt any time during the season, why risk injury the week before UGA on a Saturday we weren't supposed to be playing? And why set the team up for 9 weeks in a row without a break? There's no reason. I'm hoping Jeremy comes out today and says so.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n40425 said:
It doesn't surprise me that we didn't reschedule. A&M was playing at La Tech which is much easier travel than Idaho to Florida. The bottom line is I think both teams don't want to play this game in Oct and it would be hard to schedule in Dec.

Idaho probably wants to play it in December so they can go somewhere warm for a couple of days!

Idaho plays inside a domed stadium that, from the inside, looks more like a barn. I think it seats only about 15K.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n40914 said:
Idaho plays inside a domed stadium that, from the inside, looks more like a barn. I think it seats only about 15K.
true, but, Florida in December has to be better than Idaho in December evenif only for a couple of days.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n40361 said:
Was he also in a boot?

They are also "thin" at rescheduling personnel.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
That seems like the path of least resistance, so I wouldn't be shocked if that is the decision. We're a path of least resistance society and a soft, politically correct society. Hell, maybe it'll thunder and lightning like hell for Bama and LSU too.
Nah, I just think it's ridiculous to cancel, and then apparently never reschedule a game, and the ONLY reasons given are that it inconveniences those in charge of the two schools. Too much work, so let's just cancel.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n40914 said:

Yes, but they still have to live in Idaho in December. It's not just about playing the game.. it's getting a couple days of just being in warm weather.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator;n40920 said:
true, but, Florida in December has to be better than Idaho in December evenif only for a couple of days.
Yes, you're right - even though they play inside, they still have to live there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Idaho AD said an announcement will be at 5PM eastern time. He was stressing the 25th would be a bad time for them also.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess he was right after all.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=28633 Cancelled

"University of Florida Athletics Director Jeremy Foley and University of Idaho Athletics Director Rob Spear have agreed that Saturday night’s game has been declared a no contest and that not rescheduling the game is the only viable option for both programs.

The two schools, however, have agreed to schedule a game in Gainesville for the 2017 season on a date to be determined later.

“We looked at a number of options and, in the end, we both thought it was in the best interest of our student-athletes and football programs to play out the remainder of our respective schedules as they stand,” Foley said.

Florida will fulfill the terms of the contract between the two schools and pay Idaho its $975,000 guarantee by February 1, 2015, as outlined in the agreement.

“I want to thank UF, especially AD Jeremy Foley, for the professional and first-class way they worked through this issue and the focus on student-athlete welfare,” Spear said. “It was not in our best interest to play 10 consecutive weeks without a bye week. We look forward to our return to Florida in 2017.”

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, there you go. No make up game. Sounds like there's nothing left to discuss here. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb