If not Mullen who?

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
tom-landry-9372692-1-402.jpg

I think this guy's still available.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
9 seasons and not one other school went after him, that's not a surprise to me. There is a reason for that he is an average coach period. I'm being 100% honest when I say imo he's on the same level as Muschamp.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
9 seasons and not one other school went after him, that's not a surprise to me. There is a reason for that he is an average coach period. I'm being 100% honest when I say imo he's on the same level as Muschamp.
He was at MSST, its not like he went to even mid level SEC team. He had them ranked #1 in the country at one time, MSST #1 in the country. That alone is worth something, maybe not 6 mil but its worth something. And he was rebuilding their program from the SEC West cellar, and that's something we obviously need here. We don't reload anymore, and haven't in quite sometime. We need to get back to that, is he the person that gets us there? Maybe. At least we are heading the right direction from a S&C standpoint, and putting confidence back into our players.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Ill never understand the Petersen love...the guy is barely winning in the Mediocre 12 and hasn't ever won big there. He's an average coach and that's about it...

Fuente is and always has been the guy I wanted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was at MSST, its not like he went to even mid level SEC team. He had them ranked #1 in the country at one time, MSST #1 in the country. .
Then he had to play a team that didn't have north, south, east, or west in their name.

The only win of significance he had was Freeze and obviously we learn learned how good Freeze could be one week and how bad the next.

Ironic that his only win was against Freeze, the same as Butterteeth.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I hear ya. My friend who is a dentist (uf grad of course) were in discussion when Meyer was being hired and I told him I wanted SOS to come back. He wasn't on board. I am thankful for the NCs that Meyer brought us but really wish we would have had SOS for the remainder of his coaching days. I love the guy.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I hear ya. My friend who is a dentist (uf grad of course) were in discussion when Meyer was being hired and I told him I wanted SOS to come back. He wasn't on board. I am thankful for the NCs that Meyer brought us but really wish we would have had SOS for the remainder of his coaching days. I love the guy.

As much as I wish the same thing too, the adage "you can't go home again" has some validity. John Robinson did not work out the second time around at SoCal. Of course the amazing Bill Snyder has at KSU, still I can understand your friend's point of view then. Given how the Meyer error and aftermath has worked out, it is hard to believe any UF fan would not have preferred getting Spurrier over Meyer.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
When SOS quit I felt like the world had stopped. I felt like it was personal. Sounds dumb but I was devastated. He may not have worked out the second time but I was so ready to give him that chance.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He was at MSST, its not like he went to even mid level SEC team. He had them ranked #1 in the country at one time, MSST #1 in the country. That alone is worth something, maybe not 6 mil but its worth something. And he was rebuilding their program from the SEC West cellar, and that's something we obviously need here. We don't reload anymore, and haven't in quite sometime. We need to get back to that, is he the person that gets us there? Maybe. At least we are heading the right direction from a S&C standpoint, and putting confidence back into our players.
Let's be honest as to why MSU got to #1 in the 1st place. They beat 3 team in a row that were in the top 10 which is 3 of his 7 wins against top 25 team. Those teams all finished the season .500 or below in the SEC, so they were all vastly overrated at the time they played MSU or MSU probably never makes it to #1. And how many schools came running after he made it to #1 I'll wait......... Must not have been many if any cause he stayed at MSU.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When SOS quit I felt like the world had stopped. I felt like it was personal. Sounds dumb but I was devastated. He may not have worked out the second time but I was so ready to give him that chance.
Jesus Christ did you leave a suicide note too??? You sound like a pathetic little 13 year old girl that just got dumped....:facepalm::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest as to why MSU got to #1 in the 1st place. They beat 3 team in a row that were in the top 10 which is 3 of his 7 wins against top 25 team. Those teams all finished the season .500 or below in the SEC, so they were all vastly overrated at the time they played MSU or MSU probably never makes it to #1. And how many schools came running after he made it to #1 I'll wait......... Must not have been many if any cause he stayed at MSU.

Yep 3 teams that ended up 8-5 and 2 not ranked in the final AP top 25.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stfu Clown.

We can talk about him. Your sad ass team that just lost Jimbo Billybob Trailertrash Bowdenbastard and rrplaced with Loser Urkel.

Go cry with your burgerflippin' rejects.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Looks like chuck mcfailed
It's like he's oblivious to the fact that Mullen is an average coach. Imo when you look for a coach you look for things that stand out. Meyer stood out he went undefeated at Utah and took them to a BCS game and won it was at Utah. Nick Saban took over an LSU team that had won a combined 7 games the 2 years before he took over and won a title in year 4. He did it again at Bama.

Elite coaches do things that make you say he's got it. Mullen don't check any boxes in my opinion. He's our Mark Richt but can't recruit as well as Richt or coach better but he's gonna do just enough to hang around to long.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What would be UF's 9-year record had we played the SEC-West schedule that MSU played? A valid guesstimate would probably show a worse record than Mullen's MSU.??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SOS has un-retired. Anybody know his salary & buyout ? I'm thinking one push was he's glad to get away from Foley's vicinity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator