If not Mullen who?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No thanks. He hasnt called his own plays for years. I dont want CEO SOS. He isnt good at it.

The man WANTS to be retired. Leave him alone
Guess what? He's no longer retired. He got tired playing Mr. Two Bits.

Of course, with permanent interims like Randy Shannon around, who needs to consider a HOF coach?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I was told I could not be taken seriously here if:

• I considered Mullen an Excellent Coach
  • Or a Good Recruiter
So I propose to ...Chatter (Becoming a very nice Forum by the way)

You are now the AD at UF, who is your your pick for HC of Football?

Not so fast.

He/She MUST:
  • Be willing to come to UF - FROST is out
  • Not break the bank
  • Should have HC experience - Preferably D-1
  • Should at least know something about the Gator Nation (Not easy to please)
  • I'll wave Offense vs Defense
  • I'll wave must have coached in the SEC
  • You can keep Mullen
I've been out of the loop for a while, has Mullen already lost some games? I feel like I'm supposed to not like him, can someone tell me why? I want to be on board

leogator

May 5, 2018
It's like he's oblivious to the fact that Mullen is an average coach. Imo when you look for a coach you look for things that stand out. Meyer stood out he went undefeated at Utah and took them to a BCS game and won it was at Utah. Nick Saban took over an LSU team that had won a combined 7 games the 2 years before he took over and won a title in year 4. He did it again at Bama.

Elite coaches do things that make you say he's got it. Mullen don't check any boxes in my opinion. He's our Mark Richt but can't recruit as well as Richt or coach better but he's gonna do just enough to hang around to long.

Nick Saban only won in places he could cheat his way to a stacked roster and bully his players. What did he do in the NFL where rosters are relatively the same? He got his ass handed to him and left with his tail between his legs. GOAT my A$$, GOAT at cheating! Escalades and Chargers for the kids, free housing and well paying jobs for the parents. Then his players get to the league and do pretty much nothing. All of those 5*RBs and they can only produce an average NFL RB, Mark Ingram. Maybe Derrick Henry is OK too but I would have moved him to TE. As far as his record at LSU: 8-4, 10-3, 8-5, 13-1, 9-3. No NCs. Around here he would have been fired after the third year. Meanwhile Les Miles record at LSU for the first 5 years: 11-2, 11-2, 12-2 (NC), 8-5, 9-4. I bet LSU sorely regret firing him. The man led them two NCs winning one.

You want GOAT take Bill Belichik. The man takes your rejects and wins with them. Of course he had the greatest QB of all time but you still need a supporting cast.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guess what? He's no longer retired. He got tired playing Mr. Two Bits.

Of course, with permanent interims like Randy Shannon around, who needs to consider a HOF coach?
Lulz if Im the AD no fuggin dwags, clowns, cocaines or voles are on the staff ever. Certainly not as a coordinator when you know you might have to fire the douchebag the last AD hired.

I will say the smartest thing Butterteeth ever did was keep Nussdrunk and promote Shannon. It made it almost impossible to fire him with two incompetent coordinators.

And I wouldn't dont hire 3-29 coaches.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many UF fans are living in an awesome fantasy land? None that I know of. I don't hear anyone predicting championships. I do hear a lot of cautious optimism, which may be a defense mechanism for what they're really feeling inside. I just don't know anyone who would claim that Mullen was their first choice or that they're ecstatic over Stricklin's choice.

Fact is, it's out of our control. Nothing wrong in the meantime with hoping for the best.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, I wonder how many people would have bet on Belichick when he left Cleveland. He was at the bottom of the pile.

I'm in no way trying to compare the two. I'm just alluding to the fact that I've seen a lot of unexpected things in my time on the planet.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
BTW, I wonder how many people would have bet on Belichick when he left Cleveland. He was at the bottom of the pile.

I'm in no way trying to compare the two. I'm just alluding to the fact that I've seen a lot of unexpected things in my time on the planet.
Or Saban when he left MSU. People thought he was a solid coach but no one saw his current status then.

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
My first choice was frost but that ship sailed when he made the demand to be allowed to bring his whole staff

I am happy with HBC Mullen and what he has put together- I think we have to be patient

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
My first choice was frost but that ship sailed when he made the demand to be allowed to bring his whole staff

I am happy with HBC Mullen and what he has put together- I think we have to be patient

And if true, that's the mentality that makes it almost impossible to hire a top flight coach. For crying out loud, identify who you think is the best for the job. Do what it takes to get him on board, give him what he needs to compete and then get the hell out of his way.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't read it that way. I thought he was being practical, like what were you expecting anyway?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
She pronounced it "Stallion"...
She called me a steed!

you-hear-that-shrek-she-called-me-a-steed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.