If Tennessee Dumps Butch Guess Whom They're going after?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Fedora would be a coach everyone pursues because NC may take a big step backwards this year many people think.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though I don't think Mullen is a great coach, he'd be an upgrade over their current HC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora has an upside. His offense is potent. If he gets the right DC he could be a problem.

Mullet will never be a threat.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Fedora has an upside. His offense is potent. If he gets the right DC he could be a problem.

Mullet will never be a threat.

He runs a spread offense. What makes you think his offense wii produced dramatically different results than Mullen's? Out of 9 seasons as a head coach, Fedora has had 2 good seasons. Other than that, he's been a meh coach right around the 7-6 W/L record. He's "accomplished" this at Southern Miss & UNC, two schools that play against fairly weak competition. The guy is nothing special.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He runs a spread offense. What makes you think his offense wii produced dramatically different results than Mullen's? Out of 9 seasons as a head coach, Fedora has had 2 good seasons. Other than that, he's been a meh coach right around the 7-6 W/L record. He's "accomplished" this at Southern Miss & UNC, two schools that play against fairly weak competition. The guy is nothing special.
Both schools were on probation, I think, when he got there. I'm sure UNC was.

Patriots run a spread. Mumme runs a spread. Tressel ran the spread. Mack Brown at Texas ran a spread. Holgerson runs a spread. Oregon run the spread. Dick Rodriguez runs a spread. Saying spread means damn near nothing now.

He doesn't run Bob Davie's ND's option offense out of spread formations. Fedora isn't a run 80% guy and QB up the middle 30 times a game. If you want to be fourth in the division, Mullet is your guy.

I don't think Fedora is a great coach, but he has potential, in the right situation. He is a gunslinger. He runs a lot of levels, verticals, and other concepts that stress the defense over the top. He will at least try to win, instead of running out the clock and hoping for a ST play/turnover.

I would take him in a second over Butters and I would take Mullet under no circumstance.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Fedora would be a coach everyone pursues because NC may take a big step backwards this year many people think.

They are having a QB competition up there, but keep your eye on redshirt freshman Chazz Surratt, a redshirt freshman from nearby East Lincoln. Absolute stud athlete, shattered all of Chris Leak's NC high school records, records alot of people said were unreachable.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Chip Kelly is just sitting out there with no buyout and they are looking at Mullen? :crazy:

And why would Chip go to UT? Surely he does not need the money and probably could get a job on the west coast. It is only the fans talking about this I think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And why would Chip go to UT? Surely he does not need the money and probably could get a job on the west coast. It is only the fans talking about this I think.
Never said he would. Only an idiot would take that job. That doesn't explain UT's lack of interest, however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly if both ND and Texas A&M both go 9-3 or better. I doubt he would want to go to a place like Tenn but it might not be totally out of the question if those other 2 jobs don't open up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly if both ND and Texas A&M both go 9-3 or better. I doubt he would want to go to a place like Tenn but it might not be totally out of the question if those other 2 jobs don't open up.
I can't imagine ND hiring him. They have moral standards (current coach notwithstanding) and don't pay much.

It just isn't in the cards.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Never said he would. Only an idiot would take that job. That doesn't explain UT's lack of interest, however.

Show cause. It's expired, but hiring a coach that was slapped with a show cause is a risky move. He's very talented offensively, but comes with an NCAA microscope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator