If you were an opposing DC how do you defend this team?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think most are in agreement in putting pressure on the OL to block adequately and consistently. I think our OL struggles with line stunts that require them to adjust on the move. Of course, poor technique and lack of quickness also cause us trouble while simply base blocking.

To defend Franks, I think a combination of blitzes, outside in to force him to make a quick throw or move into the pocket for example, and disguising coverages most every snap. For example, we might start our CBs in a press man look and then back into a softer look just prior to the snap or vice versa. The goal is to induce an audible (which probably isn't an area of comfort right now) and disrupt the flow and speed the offense tries to establish where tempo is concerned.

If you felt you had an advantage of your DL/LBs over our OL, you probably play a lot of nickel coverage along with your base which would feature a 1 or 2 high look depending on the formation. In that case, you might mix in the occasional safety blitz or a corner blitz with a safety assuming coverage responsibility in the vacated area. Frank's seems to have improved his pass game when he has time and he can cause you problems if you allow him to avoid the rush and get loose into your second level. You want to make things speed up faster than he can process and force a null play or a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.