IMG 7 x 7 Tournament

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some info on some of the participants in the IMG tournament: IMG 7v7 National Championship standouts June, 23, 2014 JUN 23 2:45 PM ET By Derek Tyson | ESPN.com 00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT BRADENTON, Fla. — There were as many as 10 games going on at the same time at the IMG 7v7 National Championship over the weekend, and at times it was difficult to determine just who the top performers were. After all, there were more than 30 prospects in the ESPN 300 who participated. Here's a closer look at several seniors who stood out during the two-day event. ATH Deon Cain Committed to Clemson ESPN 300 rank: 25 Cain helped lead his team, Unsigned Preps from Tampa, to the championship game with several acrobatic catches. The trio of Cain, Ray Ray McCloud III and junior-to-be wide receiver Nate Craig proved to be too much for teams to handle. Cain is solidly committed to Clemson and said he is not considering any other schools at this time. #Clemson commit Deon Cain was certainly one or the top performers from the #IMG7v7 pic.twitter.com/Ylsje1TMSW — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 23, 2014 S Derwin James Committed to Florida State ESPN 300 rank: 26 James is known for his physical play, but he showed he is more than just a big hitter. James broke up several passes and just always seemed to be around the ball. Like Cain, he is solid with his commitment, but in this case to the Seminoles. Derwin James has been sensational as usual at the #IMG7v7 pic.twitter.com/lxXlauwFRm — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 22, 2014 CB Iman Marshall Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 20 Marshall played wide receiver and defensive back for his team, B2G, and excelled at both. The four-star prospect teamed with another ESPN 300 receiver, Trent Irwin, to form a dangerous pass-catching combo. Marshall is still narrowing his choices but knows he will take visits in the fall to Florida State and Notre Dame. No. 20 player in ESPN 300 Iman Marshall knows of at least two official visits. #FSU and #NotreDame. — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 21, 2014 WR Calvin Ridley Committed to Alabama ESPN 300 rank: 35 Ridley and teammate Shawn Burgess-Becker led the Florida Fire from South Florida to the championship. The Alabama commit made play after play and was almost unstoppable throughout the two-day tournament. ATH Terry Godwin Committed to Georgia ESPN 300 rank: 30 Godwin was the best player on the Cam Newton All-Stars. With his excellent speed and quickness, he was a difficult matchup for defenders throughout the course of the event. OLB Jeffery Holland Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 24 Though he’s ranked as the No. 2 outside linebacker in the country, Holland showed off his athleticism by playing wide receiver for his team, Pro Impact. With his size, he was a tough matchup for some of the smaller defensive backs, and Holland showed phenomenal hands by hauling in several difficult passes. What a catch by Jeffery Holland. #IMG7v7 https://t.co/rMW7xXxbd2 — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 22, 2014 QB Deondre Francois Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 49 Francois, who will decide among Auburn, Florida State and Oregon in late July, was incredible during the tournament as the quarterback of Team Rat Pak from Orlando. On several passes, he looked as if he were already in college. Big time throw by Deondre Francois. https://t.co/p27KoinxKi — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 22, 2014 CB Kevin Toliver II Committed to LSU ESPN 300 rank: 3 As usual, Toliver blanketed receivers on his side of the field. He might not have had a lot of interceptions, but he made it extremely difficult for quarterbacks to complete passes on his side of the field. 5-star DB Kevin Toliver II with the coverage. #LSU https://t.co/rdWzDaKn2O — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 22, 2014 ATH George Campbell Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 11 Campbell displayed his size and speed for Team Tampa. The 6-foot-4 target was a tough matchup for every defensive back he went up against, and he made several nice catches. Campbell, along with ESPN 300 wide receiver Ryan Davis, led Team Tampa deep in the tournament. Brad Mayes with a nice TD pass to George Campbell. https://t.co/UAQ4GBsv0L — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 21, 2014 QB Brady White Committed to Arizona State ESPN 300 rank: 126 White was one of the top quarterbacks in attendance. He displayed a strong arm and incredible accuracy throughout the tournament. While a lot of quarterbacks find success in 7-on-7 tournaments, it was obvious he is one of the top QBs in the country. His favorite targets were Marshall and Irwin. QB Brady White with a nice throw to Trent Irwin. B2G beat South Florida Express in game 1 https://t.co/g2CPMCLCWD

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance you can clean that up a little? Maybe break it into paragraphs for each athlete? That's hard to read the way it is. Just a jumble of words all strung together. No offense GIGator, it really is hard to read like that.

btw, are we still on Holland's short list?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Any chance you can clean that up a little? Maybe break it into paragraphs for each athlete? That's hard to read the way it is. Just a jumble of words all strung together. No offense GIGator, it really is hard to read like that.

I tried! It was in paragraphs; however, it ends up like this regardless. Is there a trick to making it remain in it's format?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
As for Holland, we are in good shape with him, still.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:

Manual editing AFTER it's been copied and pasted?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n7789 said:
Here's some info on some of the participants in the IMG tournament: IMG 7v7 National Championship standouts June, 23, 2014 JUN 23 2:45 PM ET By Derek Tyson | ESPN.com 00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT BRADENTON, Fla.

There were as many as 10 games going on at the same time at the IMG 7v7 National Championship over the weekend, and at times it was difficult to determine just who the top performers were. After all, there were more than 30 prospects in the ESPN 300 who participated. Here's a closer look at several seniors who stood out during the two-day event.

- ATH Deon Cain Committed to Clemson ESPN 300 rank: 25 Cain helped lead his team, Unsigned Preps from Tampa, to the championship game with several acrobatic catches. The trio of Cain, Ray Ray McCloud III and junior-to-be wide receiver Nate Craig proved to be too much for teams to handle. Cain is solidly committed to Clemson and said he is not considering any other schools at this time. #Clemson commit Deon Cain was certainly one or the top performers from the #IMG7v7 pic.twitter.com/Ylsje1TMSW

— Derwin James Committed to Florida State ESPN 300 rank: 26 James is known for his physical play, but he showed he is more than just a big hitter. James broke up several passes and just always seemed to be around the ball. Like Cain, he is solid with his commitment, but in this case to the Seminoles. Derwin James has been sensational as usual at the #IMG7v7 pic.twitter.com/lxXlauwFRm

— Iman Marshall Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 20 Marshall played wide receiver and defensive back for his team, B2G, and excelled at both. The four-star prospect teamed with another ESPN 300 receiver, Trent Irwin, to form a dangerous pass-catching combo. Marshall is still narrowing his choices but knows he will take visits in the fall to Florida State and Notre Dame. No. 20 player in ESPN 300 Iman Marshall knows of at least two official visits. #FSU and #NotreDame.

- WR Calvin Ridley Committed to Alabama ESPN 300 rank: 35 Ridley and teammate Shawn Burgess-Becker led the Florida Fire from South Florida to the championship. The Alabama commit made play after play and was almost unstoppable throughout the two-day tournament.

- ATH Terry Godwin Committed to Georgia ESPN 300 rank: 30 Godwin was the best player on the Cam Newton All-Stars. With his excellent speed and quickness, he was a difficult matchup for defenders throughout the course of the event.

- OLB Jeffery Holland Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 24 Though he’s ranked as the No. 2 outside linebacker in the country, Holland showed off his athleticism by playing wide receiver for his team, Pro Impact. With his size, he was a tough matchup for some of the smaller defensive backs, and Holland showed phenomenal hands by hauling in several difficult passes. What a catch by Jeffery Holland. #IMG7v7 https://t.co/rMW7xXxbd2

- QB Deondre Francois Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 49 Francois, who will decide among Auburn, Florida State and Oregon in late July, was incredible during the tournament as the quarterback of Team Rat Pak from Orlando. On several passes, he looked as if he were already in college. Big time throw by Deondre Francois. https://t.co/p27KoinxKi

— CB Kevin Toliver II Committed to LSU ESPN 300 rank: 3 As usual, Toliver blanketed receivers on his side of the field. He might not have had a lot of interceptions, but he made it extremely difficult for quarterbacks to complete passes on his side of the field. 5-star DB Kevin Toliver II with the coverage. #LSU https://t.co/rdWzDaKn2O

— ATH George Campbell Uncommitted ESPN 300 rank: 11 Campbell displayed his size and speed for Team Tampa. The 6-foot-4 target was a tough matchup for every defensive back he went up against, and he made several nice catches. Campbell, along with ESPN 300 wide receiver Ryan Davis, led Team Tampa deep in the tournament. Brad Mayes with a nice TD pass to George Campbell. https://t.co/UAQ4GBsv0L

— QB Brady White Committed to Arizona State ESPN 300 rank: 126 White was one of the top quarterbacks in attendance. He displayed a strong arm and incredible accuracy throughout the tournament. While a lot of quarterbacks find success in 7-on-7 tournaments, it was obvious he is one of the top QBs in the country. His favorite targets were Marshall and Irwin. QB Brady White with a nice throw to Trent Irwin. B2G beat South Florida Express in game 1 https://t.co/g2CPMCLCWD

You're welcome.:p

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Clown. What do you expect?

:duckandrun:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BRADENTON, Fla. — There were as many as 10 games going on at the same time at the IMG 7v7 National Championship over the weekend, and at times it was difficult to determine just who the top performers were. After all, there were more than 30 prospects in the ESPN 300 who participated. Here's a closer look at several seniors who stood out during the two-day event.

ATH Deon Cain
Committed to Clemson
ESPN 300 rank: 25
Cain helped lead his team, Unsigned Preps from Tampa, to the championship game with several acrobatic catches. The trio of Cain, Ray Ray McCloud III and junior-to-be wide receiver Nate Craig proved to be too much for teams to handle. Cain is solidly committed to Clemson and said he is not considering any other schools at this time.
S Derwin James
Committed to Florida State
ESPN 300 rank: 26
James is known for his physical play, but he showed he is more than just a big hitter. James broke up several passes and just always seemed to be around the ball. Like Cain, he is solid with his commitment, but in this case to the Seminoles.
CB Iman Marshall
Uncommitted
ESPN 300 rank: 20
Marshall played wide receiver and defensive back for his team, B2G, and excelled at both. The four-star prospect teamed with another ESPN 300 receiver, Trent Irwin, to form a dangerous pass-catching combo. Marshall is still narrowing his choices but knows he will take visits in the fall to Florida State and Notre Dame.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be careful copying and pasting ESPN Insider articles. I'm not sure if that will put this site at risk of copyright infringement.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're still in great shape with Holland (grades starting to become an issue?), Cowart, Campbell, Jefferson, and McCloud.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n7878 said:
I'd be careful copying and pasting ESPN Insider articles. I'm not sure if that will put this site at risk of copyright infringement.
This is not meant to be a jab. But I know that it is protocol to put a link and a couple paragraphs. I don't know the rule. I'm just looking out for the site.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n7878 said:
This piece had already been opened for public viewing. Don't worry, though, it's not worth the hassle. I'll just post links from now on.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
We're still in great shape with Holland (grades starting to become an issue?), Cowart, Campbell, Jefferson, and McCloud.
don't forget the rb who's committed to scum , cant remember his name . Most of the stuff I've read lately has him coming to the Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Cutting and pasting any copyrighted material is a potential copyright infringement. (Yes there are exceptions and if you want to know them, look it up.) Best to summarize and put a link.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
GatorJ;n7878 said:
This piece had already been opened for public viewing. Don't worry, though, it's not worth the hassle. I'll just post links from now on.
Thanks GI. :)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sonomagator;n7880 said:
don't forget the rb who's committed to scum , cant remember his name . Most of the stuff I've read lately has him coming to the Gators.
Dexter Williams. He was considered a UF lean prior to his surprise commitment.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Sonomagator;n7880 said:
Yeah , just went and looked it up . Evidently mom and dad along with the rest of the family aren't to happy with his commitment and want him, and are pushing him to Fla . I read I think on 24/7 yesterday that most are considering him a soft commit and expect him to switch. so who knows.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Sonomagator;n7880 said:
Oddly enough Tenucee's in the mix as well. I think we land a couple stud backs in this class. And I think Dexter's on the verge of a big senior campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.