UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When have they adapted anything to a particular player?

Ask 2222...he'll tell you.

I admit this is a concern, but Mac has made some comments in the recent months that lead me to believe "maybe" he's got something in mind for Zaire. We just don't know what that is yet.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It'll be interesting to see if you still call him a POS after he transfers here, and leads our Gators to the NC game.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find it ironic someone who uses the name of Danny Wuerffel, one of the finest examples to ever wear the Gator uniform as their user name would go around calling student athletes a POS, who AFAIK has never done anything to earn such a descriptive moniker. Maybe I missed something in his bio. Did he rape someone? Kill someone? Beat someone up? Embezzle? Steal? I'd like to hear whatever he's done to earn the POS moniker you've given him.
NC game?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He went to nd. That in my book will always make him a POS. Nothing I loathe more in the world of sports than that sanctimonious holier than thou hypocritical university.

Is this a joke? Am I missing sarcasm?

Kid is a "POS" because he chose ND? Wow.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well this bites. Really wish that POS was going elsewhere. You know he's coming here now. There's no other reason for the delay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...s-transfer-decision-considering-2-schools/amp

Report: Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire delays transfer decision again, considering 2 schools
By Jack Baer
May 19, 2017
Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire’s decision to transfer has been a long saga, and it just got longer.

Anwar Richardson of OrangeBloods.com reports that Zaire has again delayed his transfer decision and is down to two schools, one of them being Texas. He doesn’t plan to announce his plans until after the SEC spring meetings in late May, per Pete Sampson of Irish Illustrated.

The identity of the other school is a mystery, but a possibility is Wisconsin, which has been in the mix for Zaire since December when he decided to transfer. Zaire would have a good shot at starting at quarterback over Alex Hornibrook this season (though that shot would be diminished since he missed spring camp) and he would fit quite well in Paul Chryst’s offense.

It was originally reported that Zaire would make a choice between Wisconsin and North Carolina, but delay after delay has pushed that decision into May, and several other schools were added to the mix.

Along with Texas, Florida is another possible destination, and that would make sense given that he’s delaying his decision until after the SEC spring meetings. Current SEC rules forbid Florida from taking on graduate transfers due to missing academic requirements, but it’s possible the SEC could soften those rules at the meetings.

Harvard was also reported to be in the mix last month by Richardson

Zaire most likely will be our QB for Michigan unless he is a really slow learner. Texas has a clear starting QB unlike us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And as a Florida fan there is nothing he loathes more than ND? :scratchhead:

Not FSU, not UGA, not UT, not even LSU or Miami? I mean come on, there are loads to choose from :lol2:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Not FSU, not UGA, not UT, not even LSU or Miami? I mean come on, there are loads to choose from :lol2:

I get what you're saying but I wouldn't even go that far. Calling a student athlete from any college who has never been in any trouble or anything a POS just for the school he chose is childish IMO.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you're saying but I wouldn't even go that far. Calling a student athlete from any college who has never been in any trouble or anything a POS just for the school he chose is childish IMO.
Nah, every player that plays for FSU is a POS in my book :grin:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

Look, I get it. But here's the thing: I guess you could call me a SJW. I have a strong heightened sense of justice, of right and wrong. Call it one of my triggers that sets me off if you will.

Hating FSWHO, Tenn, the Dawgs is fun. nd is different and it's different because they make it so. It's not about sports with nd. It's the fact that they tout these high academic and ethical standards and expect special treatment when they are just like everyone else. They get the punks and idiots like every other school and their academic standards aren't even as good as UF's in a normal year. They refuse to join a conference in football, but are happy to steal a bowl bid from the conference they are in in the other sports. They have their own freaking channel (ndBC) based off their successes from over a generation ago.

To me, choosing to go to nd speaks to me of your character, who you are. You are saying that you are better and that you should be treated as special (a la Eli Manning making a mockery of the NFL draft, for example).

It's a "sh!t don't stink" sense of entitlement with that university which none of us deserves. It's just what should and should not be fair.

And mock me for my beliefs, my username if you want, whatever. Danny Wuerffel is a man I strive to be like. I'm probably 20% of the man he is. I'm incredibly flawed, prone to anger over the things that matter to me. But I know who I am and what I need to work on. Doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

I don't want to hate nd. I wish they would just take their noses out of the air and admit they are just like every other university. But until that day, I will feel the way I do. Vilify me if you want. I'm not going to say anymore about the topic.

On that note today is International Gator Day! I volunteered preparing bags of food with Savannah Georgia Gators. It's ALWAYS a good day hanging out with fellow Gators.

:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I get it. But here's the thing: I guess you could call me a SJW. I have a strong heightened sense of justice, of right and wrong. Call it one of my triggers that sets me off if you will.

Hating FSWHO, Tenn, the Dawgs is fun. nd is different and it's different because they make it so. It's not about sports with nd. It's the fact that they tout these high academic and ethical standards and expect special treatment when they are just like everyone else. They get the punks and idiots like every other school and their academic standards aren't even as good as UF's in a normal year. They refuse to join a conference in football, but are happy to steal a bowl bid from the conference they are in in the other sports. They have their own freaking channel (ndBC) based off their successes from over a generation ago.

To me, choosing to go to nd speaks to me of your character, who you are. You are saying that you are better and that you should be treated as special (a la Eli Manning making a mockery of the NFL draft, for example).

It's a "sh!t don't stink" sense of entitlement with that university which none of us deserves. It's just what should and should not be fair.

And mock me for my beliefs, my username if you want, whatever. Danny Wuerffel is a man I strive to be like. I'm probably 20% of the man he is. I'm incredibly flawed, prone to anger over the things that matter to me. But I know who I am and what I need to work on. Doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

I don't want to hate nd. I wish they would just take their noses out of the air and admit they are just like every other university. But until that day, I will feel the way I do. Vilify me if you want. I'm not going to say anymore about the topic.

On that note today is International Gator Day! I volunteered preparing bags of food with Savannah Georgia Gators. It's ALWAYS a good day hanging out with fellow Gators.

:chomp:

Well for one, I don't think anybody called you a bad person. Just think you're a little off the mark here and the anger/hate towards all people who go to ND is slightly irrational.

There's a number of reasons kids choose ND from the history, location, playing time, academics, solid QB coaching etc etc. Your judging the motives of the young men based off of your personal sensibilities and preconceived notions.

Anyway, it's not really that deep so we can just drop it :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well for one, I don't think anybody called you a bad person. Just think you're a little off the mark here and the anger/hate towards all people who go to ND is slightly irrational.

There's a number of reasons kids choose ND from the history, location, playing time, academics, solid QB coaching etc etc. Your judging the motives of the young men based off of your personal sensibilities and preconceived notions.

Anyway, it's not really that deep so we can just drop it :lol:
no, keep it going :stickpoke:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, every player that plays for FSU is a POS in my book :grin:

Warrick Dunn? Derrick Brooks? Myron Rolle? Danny Kanell ( :lol: ) ?

I hate that school as much as the next guy, but there are a few solid dudes that come out of there once in a blue moon lol

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I hate that school as much as the next guy, but there are a few solid dudes that come out of there once in a blue moon lol
Rolle is the only one I have any respect for.
Fck the rest of those clowns.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You're a closet Null, so...
:shutmouth:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Good for you Jay, at the end of the day every school has your thugs and bad apples but every school also has good people who do right in this world and your speaking up for them. I respect that a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.