UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we are just waiting on the SEC to officially change the rule.
I doubt that the SEC will make the rule change. Not sure why so many people are worried he's coming here. I get why people are worried that Mac's interested in him. Wish we had a QB that we can all be confident in.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt that the SEC will make the rule change. Not sure why so many people are worried he's coming here. I get why people are worried that Mac's interested in him. Wish we had a QB that we can all be confident in.

The head guy acted like the SEC will be changing it probably as it was a disadvantage to other conferences. I think him waiting so long to announce means UF is one of the front runners. I guess we can't blame Zaire for wanting to play QB for the Gators because its Mac who makes the decision on whether he comes here possibly or not.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I think Franks will be the starter and hopefully he does a good enough job. I don't think it would hurt to add Zaire. He's extremely athletic and he can be a switch up to Franks. Go watch some of his highlights on YouTube if you haven't seen him play. Maybe he'll push Franks to be better too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta admit after watching this film against LSU, he's an intriguing athlete. The running ability is very reminiscent of Del Rio.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we are just waiting on the SEC to officially change the rule.
Does ANYONE have ANY idea when that meeting would take place??? Seems like the sooner we know something one way or the other, the sooner we can move on...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He looks a little big to be a receiver and we are pretty deep at running back. Maybe we could use him to run the wildcat package that we've installed for Toney?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy's a read option QB. How's that gonna work with Doug Nussmeier? That's like putting a racing clutch in a Toyota Tacoma.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This guy's a read option QB. How's that gonna work with Doug Nussmeier? That's like putting a racing clutch in a Toyota Tacoma.

Nuss said he adapts his system to the players talents.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does ANYONE have ANY idea when that meeting would take place??? Seems like the sooner we know something one way or the other, the sooner we can move on...

The meetings are usually in late May but I don't see anything showing this year's dates.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta admit after watching this film against LSU, he's an intriguing athlete. The running ability is very reminiscent of Del Rio.

That highlight video with every play run twice. You know, because there aren't enough highlights to fill up the film without showing them all twice. :facepalm:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is it possible the Zaire thing is more about having a reliable backup than it is about the starting QB position? Look at who we have. Trask may not be ready. LDR nor Toney is an option. Allen needs to bulk up and he'll be a true freshman so he's unlikely to be an option as well.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is it possible the Zaire thing is more about having a reliable backup than it is about the starting QB position? Look at who we have. Trask may not be ready. LDR nor Toney is an option. Allen needs to bulk up and he'll be a true freshman so he's unlikely to be an option as well.
Depends on whose point of view you're looking from.

For Zaire, he's coming here (IF he's actually even coming here) to start. 2 things here, first, you want guys coming here believing they can start, that's just good motivation. Second, though, is that I believe he can honestly look at our depth chart and believe he can beat everyone out.
For the coaches, however, insurance is never a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator