Indoor Practice Facility Bid Placed

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice, that should help recruiting if we get it done.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does it say where they want to put it? I thought that's been the problem this whole time.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
They have needed this for some time, keeps practices on schedule with no wasted time...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is there really room on the current practice field location? It doesn't look big enough.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Only the best for our Gators!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/flo...tice-facility/

The addition of an indoor practice facility would be welcomed news for the Gators’ football program. Not only is Florida the lone SEC team without an indoor practice facility (other than Vanderbilt), but the Gators’ in-state rival Florida State Seminoles recently finished construction on a $15 million indoor facility.
With facilities around college football seeing major upgrades, a brand new indoor practice facility for the Gators would be a huge recruiting pitch moving forward. It also would certainly help when dealing with the summer weather in Gainesville, which is notorious for summer storms in the afternoon that constantly interfere with summer and fall practices.
Based off the proposal attached in the tweet above, the budget for the indoor practice facility would be $11.9 million and the proposed location for the facility would be directly north of McKethan Stadium (Florida’s baseball field).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Somewhere jabberdave is smiling

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Years ago I did a whole satellite view, photo shop of where to fit the indoor practice field. Believe it or not it was hard to fit it. It will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Id prefer we take the 11 mil and buy Muschamp out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
OK....we get an indoor practice facility.....do we then see some sort of FieldTurf back in Florida Field? I like natural grass, but my alma mater just put some in....really interesting to walk on and incredible drainage.....no Idaho field condition replay with that installed.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n71453 said:
OK....we get an indoor practice facility.....do we then see some sort of FieldTurf back in Florida Field? I like natural grass, but my alma mater just put some in....really interesting to walk on and incredible drainage.....no Idaho field condition replay with that installed.

There was still lightning until midnight that night, it was going to get canceled no matter what.

But I will say that Field Turf is incredible to play on. One of the best inventions in sports ever.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n71453 said:
Great we will officially be 100% back to the 70's & 80's gator football that tore my heart and soul out.

Instigator

Sep 6, 2014
Some schools have been investing in resort style dorms that house a majority of student athletes. Our dorms now are quite bland with cinder block walls etc. some schools now have lazy rivers and theater rooms and all kinds of stuff that kids like.

I just wonder if that would be a bigger recruiting draw? Plus I question if practicing indoors would lessen the great conditioning we receive in part because of practicing in the heat and humidity.

Just food for thought

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Instigator;n71559 said:
Some schools have been investing in resort style dorms that house a majority of student athletes. Our dorms now are quite bland with cinder block walls etc. some schools now have lazy rivers and theater rooms and all kinds of stuff that kids like.

I just wonder if that would be a bigger recruiting draw? Plus I question if practicing indoors would lessen the great conditioning we receive in part because of practicing in the heat and humidity.

Just food for thought

I would think it is mostly for the rain season. You would still do your summer workouts in the heat, because you have to get used to it one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb