Injury updates: Ivey to debut Saturday

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see this posted anywhere. If it is my bad. Ivey will play this time Saturday, how much is TBD. Cyontai Lewis is questionable, his status will be looked at more tomorrow. Qb josh Grady is doubtful to play with a leg injury. RB case Harrison who is a good player on special teams out two weeks with a thumb injury. And of course anzalone very doubtful. Hopefully Lewis will be good to go and it will be good having Ivey available and Hargreaves should be good to play. Hope these others guys heal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for posting. I would love to see both Lewis and Goolsby on the field at the same time, start out with one at H and the other next to the tackle then spread both of them wide....IMO it would open up some running lanes on the inside and if teams blitzed it would give our QB's 2 big targets on short routes. Being Ivey's first game I wouldn't expect any miracles with him on the offensive line but it's good to see he'll get his first reps.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Ivey is solid in a backup role.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We have so many more receivers now. We have a QB who can fire the ball to many right on the line like Grier did again
and again to DRob. Those pass plays shuffled ECU's defense into confusion... opened more areas to attack.
We have C.Lewis, Goolsby, McGee, Powell, DRob, etc... so many more than ever before.
We have the QB to get it to those guys in stride.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n279964 said:
I hope Ivey is solid in a backup role.
I've been pleasantly surprised by Fred Johnson and as Ivie was supposedly much better in practice then he will be a welcome addition... though I keep hearing he was better in run blocking than pass pro.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n279999 said:
I've been pleasantly surprised by Fred Johnson and as Ivie was supposedly much better in practice then he will be a welcome addition... though I keep hearing he was better in run blocking than pass pro.

It will be interesting to see how the Freshmen OLinemen are against FSU at the end of the year. A few of them seem very talented and they also appear to be getting the snaps. Looks like Jordan, Johnson and Ivey could be well seasoned by then.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;280010 said:
It will be interesting to see how the Freshmen OLinemen are against FSU at the end of the year. A few of them seem very talented and they also appear to be getting the snaps. Looks like Jordan, Johnson and Ivey could be well seasoned by then.

Those guys won't be true freshmen by the end of the year. They will already had faced the likes of LSU, Ole Miss, UGA etc. FSU is coming to the swamp for an ass beating this year hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Ivey is going to be a great shot in the arm for the Oline. We'll hopefully all be presently surprised. At this point it cannot be any worse and with what he can do, perhaps much better. Particularly on the run game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great news. It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets and if he plays left, right, or both. I also suspect Halter will play more at guard now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n279934 said:
Thanks for posting. I would love to see both Lewis and Goolsby on the field at the same time, start out with one at H and the other next to the tackle then spread both of them wide....IMO it would open up some running lanes on the inside and if teams blitzed it would give our QB's 2 big targets on short routes. Being Ivey's first game I wouldn't expect any miracles with him on the offensive line but it's good to see he'll get his first reps.
FYI: Lewis apparently injured his hand on Tuesday in practice and has a club on it - no prognosis or recovery time given though.
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150916/ARTICLES/150919741?p=2&tc=pg

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mac said in radio interview this evening that VH III is full go and is banging down Mac's door to get his offensive play package put in for the weekend. Yes.

Lewis is in a hand cast so the other TEs are going to get a lot more reps.

At the moment, Anzalone and Rolin out.

Haven't heard the latest on Sherit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LB depth on serious life support right now. Glad the other position groups are shoring back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator