Injury updates: Sherit officially done for the year...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sherit out for the year after hip surgery
Florida has lost one starter for the season, while several others remain out with injuries during the bye week.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...n-Sherit-out-for-the-year-after-hip-109108864

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Jim McElwain confirmed Wednesday that starting defensive end Jordan Sheritis out for the year after suffering a hip injury against Texas A&M.

Sherit left the game in the fourth quarter, carted off the field by trainers.

"It's a bad deal, man," McElwain said.

The fifth-year senior underwent surgery early in the week, ending his final campaign with the Gators. Sherit was having a terrific year, recording 23 tackles, 5.0 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, 9 quarterback hurries and a pass defended.

Meanwhile, McElwain also clarified the status of a few others.

Safety Quincy Lenton underwent a knee procedure and is expected to miss some time. Starting safety Nick Washington remains out with a shoulder injury.

Three others are expected to miss this week of practice as Florida hits the bye: receiver Kadarius Toney (separated shoulder) and Tyrie Cleveland (ankle), as well as defensive end Jabari Zuniga (ankle).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to hear that. He was playing well.

Anyone else ever notice how the injuries always seem to increase when our team starts losing?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Sucks for Sherit. He made the offensive linemen look like they were on roller skates. Hope he gets to play at the next level. He did the Gator nation proud.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll get drafted, good luck at the next level

Mac will get an extension, as the suspensions and now injuries have made winning 4 games almost impossible. Hell, he deserves a raise just being able to get 11 guys on each side of the ball suited up. Speaking of raises, Nord and Nuss (is that street slang for Dumb & Dumber?) deserve huge raises too, they both have us sitting in the 100's for their respective responsibilities.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MASH_logo.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad for Sherit. He played hard but he was too damn light to set the edge. He was a big part of our problems with sweeps.

Hopefully we feel more inclined to play the heavier DEs now.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Sucks that he’s injured, even worse depending on how bad he hurt his hip.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good player and will be missed. Time for AC90 to step up and take advantage of this opportunity. Possibly even Zach Carter as well.
He definitely has the size to play.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
He'll get drafted, good luck at the next level

Mac will get an extension, as the suspensions and now injuries have made winning 4 games almost impossible. Hell, he deserves a raise just being able to get 11 guys on each side of the ball suited up. Speaking of raises, Nord and Nuss (is that street slang for Dumb & Dumber?) deserve huge raises too, they both have us sitting in the 100's for their respective responsibilities.
Not to worry. Mac's achievement of winning the SECe in '15 & '16 will guarantee him a pass through 2019 at least!

00g0g_knLqavC50be_600x450.jpg

"YEAH, I'M GOING TO BE HERE FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 3 YEARS!"

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's 270 they'll move him to DT shortly...

Yep, that's the word (he'll play DT next year). If he stays in the 280 range he'll be a nice SSDE though, who can move inside occasionally.

Is he still eligible to redshirt? I hope so, because if we whiff (again) at DT this class we'll need a freshman at DT next year....and when the new coaching staff gets here in 2019 (hopefully sooner) he'll be a RS Soph vs. a true Junior.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, that's the word (he'll play DT next year). If he stays in the 280 range he'll be a nice SSDE though, who can move inside occasionally.

Is he still eligible to redshirt? I hope so, because if we whiff (again) at DT this class we'll need a freshman at DT next year....and when the new coaching staff gets here in 2019 (hopefully sooner) he'll be a RS Soph vs. a true Junior.
I could definitely see him in a Bullard role...play both. Would be nice to have some more size on the outside. As for RS? I don't actually know if he's played yet... :embarrassed::dunno:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could definitely see him in a Bullard role...play both. Would be nice to have some more size on the outside. As for RS? I don't actually know if he's played yet... :embarrassed::dunno:

Carter hasn't played yet, so we will see. I'm guessing if Zuniga is good for the next game ZC is headed for a redshirt.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Off-mike McElwain was heard worriedly disclosing Claabelleis at the vet's ... lately she's been listless, despondent.
Luckily, Stricklin gave Clarabelle an extension and a bonus that will help with medical expenses. Mac said "When Clara gets home, I'm not gonna throw the stick very far any more. And she doesn't have to bring that stick all the way back ... I just want her to enjoy the vast blue sky and wonderful green, green grass. Doesn't get any better than that."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's 270 they'll move him to DT shortly...
Last thing we need. We need two fullsize DEs in the 265-285 range and two big plugs in the middle in the 310+ range. These guys are facing five 300+ pound O linemen in the SEC, boys. This isn't the WAC or Sunbelt. And we are seeing mostly teams that run the ball 70+ percent of the time. We can be soft against the run.

This shyt of playing two weak ends--and micro sized 220-240 pound weak ends at that-- has to stop.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last thing we need. We need two fullsize DEs in the 265-285 range and two big plugs in the middle in the 310+ range. These guys are facing 5 300 pound plus o linemen in the SEC boys. This isn't the WAC or Sunbelt. And we are seeing mostly teams that run the ball 70+ percent of the time. We can be soft against the run.

This shyt of playing two weak ends--and micro sized 220-240 pound weak ends at that-- has to stop.
Could not agree more...but I don't have faith in this staff to keep him there

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last thing we need. We need two fullsize DEs in the 265-285 range and two big plugs in the middle in the 310+ range. These guys are facing five 300+ pound O linemen in the SEC, boys. This isn't the WAC or Sunbelt. And we are seeing mostly teams that run the ball 70+ percent of the time. We can be soft against the run.

What does Mrs. Swamp Donkey have to say about micro sized? I'm guessing you're hoping that she's okay with it.?. :D

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016

The defense has to be faster than the offense. They are always going to be 20-30 lbs lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.