Zion Williamson terrorizing college basketball

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The buzz over the kid has gotten so large that he's now being called bigger than LeBron. But for what? His two greatest attributes according to the hype are that he's a dunk machine and has 1.1 million Instagram followers.

Williamson chose Duke over Clemson, which has Clemson fans acting shocked and betrayed.

I've watched a couple of his highlight vids and what I see is a kid whose physical attributes dwarf the high schoolers he plays against. That won't be the case at the next two levels.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ruit-zion-williamson-commits-duke-blue-devils

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord that was one of the worst visiting teams I've ever seen. I faced far tougher competition playing at Hume back in the day.

8150855881_716572fc55_z.jpg

God I loved these courts - we played hundreds of games here, almost always at night. If you played here between 1992 and 1994, chances are we played together at some point.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord that was one of the worst visiting teams I've ever seen. I faced far tougher competition playing at Hume back in the day.

God I loved these courts - we played hundreds of games here, almost always at night. If you played here between 1992 and 1994, chances are we played together at some point.

So is that you in the green shirt?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen some good athletes at the Westside courts. I used to hate playing on concrete, though.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I remember when I was a 19 year old freshman playing soccer at Stetson in the 70s. Someone talked me into playing in the Volusia County rec U-20 league during the off season. Scored 7 goals in the first game...30 minute halves. Never went back because I felt like his guy playing this kind of competition. Needless to say I didn't achieve the same level playing NCAA ball.

Yeah, I was too short for hoops. What of it?

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
I remember when I was a 19 year old freshman playing soccer at Stetson in the 70s. Someone talked me into playing in the Volusia County rec U-20 league during the off season. Scored 7 goals in the first game...30 minute halves. Never went back because I felt like his guy playing this kind of competition. Needless to say I didn't achieve the same level playing NCAA ball.

Yeah, I was too short for hoops. What of it?
What position?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Played there a few times but Littlewood wasn't used as much in the early 90's.....it was more of a 70's and 80's court.
They tore up the court for a parking lot and then built an elem court by it with a large covering. The games moved across the street near the pool.
When I was on campus we played at the old fla gym (alligator alley). I have decided you must be a decent human being (despite some of your ideas and beliefs here) from your basketball love. Fishing and basketball can make a person whole and decent along with good parenting and I know he is a good guy, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They tore up the court for a parking lot and then built an elem court by it with a large covering. The games moved across the street near the pool.
When I was on campus we played at the old fla gym (alligator alley). I have decided you must be a decent human being (despite some of your ideas and beliefs here) from your basketball love. Fishing and basketball can make a person whole and decent along with good parenting and I know he is a good guy, too.
We sneaked into the old Florida Gym as high school freshman (1991) and played there, too. The buddy I always played with is an executive with the Atlanta Hawks now.

However, I'm not a decent human being. I'm pond scum.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We sneaked into the old Florida Gym as high school freshman and played there, too.

However, I'm not a decent human being. I'm pond scum.
When I was a freshman in HS we didnt have to sneak in as it was open for play much of the time. THis was in 1969. I had a friend that brought me over from Archer. Some college guys we played (a few actual players) thought I was a freshman at UF. God, I loved to play basketball. Probably played at least 3 hours each day. Judging human nature is my forte...........even through this medium I can tell what people are. Do you have a real job besides website builder?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I played intramural hoops at UF. Pretty sure we had games at the Alley.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I remember a big time recruit that signed with us that had a highlight reels of dunks in HS against inferior HS kids as well. How'd that work out?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a big time recruit that signed with us that had a highlight reels of dunks in HS against inferior HS kids as well. How'd that work out?

Playing for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Holy shyt I had totally forgotten about those courts. Spent a lot of time out there.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Zion is no Chris Walker. Walker could jump to the rafters but had little instinct for the game and lacked basic fundamentals. Zion has far greater strength and a more refined game. I think he’s going to be a good one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Duke is out-recruiting Kentucky. LOL

Rupp Rafters is full meltdown mode.

Those tears taste great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics