Interesting analysis of Franks vs. UM

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we didn't have Zaire as an excuse QB. I was somewhat excited when hearing that he wanted to come here but know now very clearly why he wasn't wanted before he came. I'm not even sure the guy has enough moves to do a line dance much less move around in the pocket to give enough time for plays to develop.
Cool AV.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta open things up and let Franks air it out. Its just will the O-line give him time to do that. Tenn will try and stuff the run and dare Franks to pass. So we do play action and pass all over them and keep them guessing and then run the ball. EASY stuff that Spurrier used to do ALLLL the time. Take a page or two from his playbook.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I'm a little tired of other teams in the conference rolling with a first time starter at QB and have success. Georgia did it with Eason and now Fromm. Tennessee just beat Ga Tech with a first time starter. Chimp rolled a true freshman and he looked ok. It makes me wonder is the playbook just too complicated. My sample size is Grier. He wasn't exactly lighting it up while he was here. His last game in a Gator uniform against Missouri was hard to watch. He goes to WV and is lighting it up. So what say you, are all the QBs we recruit THAT bad or is the system just too complex? I bet Franks under most of these coaches would actually look serviceable to above avg.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little tired of other teams in the conference rolling with a first time starter at QB and have success. Georgia did it with Eason and now Fromm. Tennessee just beat Ga Tech with a first time starter. Chimp rolled a true freshman and he looked ok. It makes me wonder is the playbook just too complicated. My sample size is Grier. He wasn't exactly lighting it up while he was here. His last game in a Gator uniform against Missouri was hard to watch. He goes to WV and is lighting it up. So what say you, are all the QBs we recruit THAT bad or is the system just too complex? I bet Franks under most of these coaches would actually look serviceable to above avg.
Not just for the QB but the line as well

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So you're saying that Nuss is so good his playbook is to hard to understand? Lol only kidding.. but in all seriousness when your playbook is not being picked up by your players you need to be able to simplify the playbook to still work for you.

Frank's imo seems to have all the tools to be able to be a very good Qb, strong arm, seems accurate, can put the ball where it needs to be, don't have enough of a sample to know if he goes through his reads but should be able to be taught that by a good Qb coach. A lot like to blame everything on the Qb but imo the offense is as bad as it is because of poor oline play along with poor Wr route running.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is it just me, or was reading that article a lot like reading a 2222 post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator