Is Donald Trump a racist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bammer, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Piehole stuffed douchebag
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $17,186
    Ratings:
    +41,380 / -1,378
    Why? Even if the entire country is worse than a US "inner city"?

2. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,299
    Ratings:
    +12,346 / -48
    Who runs those sh!thole cities? Who could it be? What group has a stranglehold on the running of every single slum in America? What political persuasion has seen once vibrant cities devolve into a morass of poverty and violence once they take over? I'm going to have to do some research on this.

:scratchchin:

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,313
      Ratings:
      +8,769 / -48
      Deflection post incoming in 3....2.....1.....

• alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,124
      Ratings:
      +8,086 / -257
      I have two points:

1) it’s almost always the ones crying racism, who are the actual racists.

2) there is a differentiation between racism and prejudice. Everyone has prejudices. They can be benign or not. But, everyone has prejudices. Simply prejudging someone or something isn’t racist. It’s not even that difficult to prove. Put Colin Powell decked out in a suit next to a young black man in a hoodie, full of tattoos, gold teeth, and who can speak well. If you don’t think the same of both, you are probably not racist. Doesn’t mean the kid is bad, hell he may even be your favorite WR, and the professional may be a crook. Prejudices are typically about playing the percentages and knowing that you could be wrong.

• GatorAlways

GatorAlways Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
      $105
      Ratings:
      +308 / -87
      Actually, it's not. Spend some time there and you will see how beautiful and breathtaking it is and how the residents are surviving and rebuilding their lives after the 2010 earthquake. I'd use the word "resilient".

But don't let me get in the way of you having an uninformed opinion and spouting it on the internet.

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,313
        Ratings:
        +8,769 / -48
        I have.
        It is.
        I admire your attitude, but it's a shythole.

Oh, BTW, I'm a whopping 46 miles from Jean-Rabel, Haiti as I write this post. I can smell it from here. But hey, don't let me get in the way of you making an ass out of yourself on the internet.

#46 itsgr82bag8r, Jan 16, 2018
        Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
        • AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,793
          Ratings:
          +9,482 / -14
          I sorta had this conversation with Sas in the box.

People are connecting his comments to racism. "Why did he only name countries populated by POC and not white countries?"

Well, let's consider Haiti, El Salvador, Somalia, and Sudan. They are, objectively speaking, hellholes. Anybody would leave there to live here.

OK. So we've established that.

What about majority White countries? Well, there aren't that many. In the Western Hemisphere we only have the US and Canada (and the US is actually quite diverse). In the Eastern Hemisphere you have Europe. That's it.

When pressed to name a majority White hellhole country, Sas made a good try. He came up with former Yugoslav republics and some parts of the former Soviet Union. Unfortunately (or fortunately), none of those places are pouring large numbers of immigrants into the US and none of them are anywhere near the hellhole level of Haiti, El Salvador, Somalia, or Sudan.

Can you think of any majority White country that is on that level? No? Does that make you a racist? Of course not.

Did Trump use crass language in a private meeting that was expected to remain confidential? Yes. Do we want to talk about Hillary's potty mouth? Obama's? LBJ's? C'mon.

Based on what we know now, Durbin was pitching something about the diversity lottery (which sucks and we need to get rid of it). Trump asked why we need to take immigrants from sh!thole or sh!thouse countries (the word is debated) instead of from places like Norway.

Boorish? Of course. Crude? Yes. Inarticulate? Oh yeah.

Racist? Because of THAT statement?

Nah.

I mentioned before I think he has some of that standard, run-of-the-mill old guy racism in him but all this hyperventilating and pearl-clutching about how he could be the leader of the Klan is comically stupid.

Alex.

• alcoholica

Oxbucks:
            $2,124
            Ratings:
            +8,086 / -257
            I would say that linking prejudices to racism in any fashion is setting a dangerous tone. If I’m fielding an all-star team in Gainesville for basketball, do I expect most to be black, if not all? Yes. Do I dismiss the white, Asian and Latin kids? Hell no. What if that that sport is ping pong? Do I only take Asian kids?

Just because you have prejudices doesn’t mean you don’t treat people as individuals. Wasn’t Trump one of the first, if not the first to hire female project managers in construction?

I just don’t see calling a prejudice an indicator of racism as being accurate.

• Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Often wrong, never in doubt.

Oxbucks:
            $251
            Ratings:
            +1,803 / -25
            If he thought his comments would stay private, he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Trump doesn't think before he speaks. Ever. He's constitutionally incapable of it.

Instead he just yells a the top of his lungs that he didn't say whatever stupid-ass thing he said. Even when it's on tape.

• Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
            $664
            Ratings:
            +1,925 / -467
            India is a ****hole relative to America and Indians are pouring in. He left that off the list. What about Vietnam? He left that off too. They are pouring in as well. My forefathers came from Africa and Spain. Everybody would like to think their country of origin has value and they are proud of it. Irish parades. Italian parades. My friend told me his homeland, Ireland, was a ****hole with famine and plague. The Greeks were escaping civil war and poverty when they left.

Blacks would like to think the place their forefathers came from has value not a ****hole. Everybody would. Doe he have to be rude to everybody all the time? Imagine if he told Appalachia that it is a ****hole compared to other parts of America. Or just called it a ****hole. Imagine if you come over my house, and then I call your house and neighborhood a ****hole? What would you do? You would tell me to fvvck off and then you would turn around and leave. I don't understand these people who support these comments because Trump is "keeping it real". Try going to a bar and "keeping in real". You might end up getting your ass kicked.

• Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Often wrong, never in doubt.

Oxbucks:
              $251
              Ratings:
              +1,803 / -25
              Trump's brain pan is a hole. #stillbetterthanHillary

• alcoholica

Oxbucks:
              $2,124
              Ratings:
              +8,086 / -257
              I’m really not overly familiar with Africa. Outside of Zamunda, what country isn’t a shythole?

Edit: forgot that Morocco is part of Africa, but unsure if it’s largely a shythole or not

#52 alcoholica, Jan 16, 2018
            • AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,793
              Ratings:
              +9,482 / -14

The meetings where they "make the sausage" are generally private. You don't talk about the horse trading because the way they work together to screw us and benefit themselves is embarrassing to both sides and if you do leak, it destroys the trust and makes the next deal that much harder.

But the old rules don't apply to Trump. He should have known that but you know--he is what he is.

Alex.

• AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,793
              Ratings:
              +9,482 / -14
              Agreed that India is a hellhole. But, India isn't majority White. Indians are still POC so if he had mentioned India, it wouldn't have mattered, would it? Ditto for Vietnam. I hear the anger and the hurt in your voice, but did you really expect him to list, by name, every hellhole on Earth?

Sure your country of origin has value. I was born here. My country of origin is the US. My parents weren't born here. They left the old country to come here because HERE was (in their eyes) better than THERE.

The vast majority of Blacks in the US have little or no relation to Sudan or Somalia (which are hellholes). They also have little to no relation to the Zulu, the Kenyans, or the Ethiopians.

Most Blacks in the US came from the elbow part of Africa, say from the coasts of Mauritania to Angola and about a third of the way into the Continent. If you study African history (I have) you know about the great Kingdoms of Ghana, Benin, Mali, etc. that existed in this area. Blacks in the US have every right to be proud of that history. Let's consider, on the other hand, a White person of Ukrainian descent. There was never a great Ukrainian kingdom or empire that I can recall. I believe control of the area changed hands many, many times (barbarians, Asiatic people from the steppes, Muslims, Christians, Bulgars, Poles, possibly Vikings, Russians, etc.) and the current population is Slavic (which most scholars agree is where we get the word "slave" from). Their people have gone through hell over and over again. From war to the Holomodor (Stalin's holocaust by starvation against them) to the current civil war, it has not been an easy go for them. So even though they may not be able to claim the glory of Ancient Rome or even more modern glory of Spain or France or England...they are still proud to be Ukrainian. Though their country is torn by war (and parts remain a hellhole) they still have their pride.

So if Trump called the Ukraine a hellhole, would that mean he hates Ukrainians or thinks Ukrainians are subhuman? No. Of course not. If he walked into a Ukrainian bar and told the biggest guy there that Ukraine was a hellhole, he might get punched. So what?

When I was in high school, if you called a Black kid from Miami that wasn't a "Haitian" you would get punched too. It was considered an insult. Might still be. I don't know.

You aren't African. You're American. Just like me. Your ancestors didn't come from Haiti or Somalia or Sudan...or El Salvador or India or Vietnam or Appalachia. Speaking of Appalachia...you know who calls Appalachia a hellhole on the regular around here? You. Yes, you do. All the time. So are you racist against White people who aren't from Appalachia and have no connection to Appalachia? Or are you just racist against Appalachian-Americans? Pointing out that Appalachia is a hellhole doesn't make you a racist, any more than pointing out that Haiti is a hellhole makes Trump a racist.

I get it. His comments hurt. I know. I'm pissed off he said it and I'm not even Haitian. But do those comments make him a racist? No. A boor, yes. A racist, no.

Alex.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,011
                Ratings:
                +9,572 / -26
                Um, lost in the Hait vs Norway comments, people do realize that it’s reported that he also said he wanted MORE people from ASIAN countries, correct?

• Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $17,186
                Ratings:
                +41,380 / -1,378
                I like Eastern Europe but it's dangerous as hell. Maybe more dangerous than most of central and south America.

I've never even understood the whole "Latinos"/"Hispanics" are "not white" thing when most are with the exception of a few countries (DR? Is there another? Can't think of one off the top of my head.). Are Italians and French "not White" bc they speak another latin based language?

• Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $874
                Ratings:
                +1,478 / -11
                Have you ever REALLY listened to Chuck, Nancy, Hillary, Barack, democrat politicians et al. Trump is pretty damn mild compared to those people. Throw Hollywood and msm in the mix and you've got the largest group of haters this country has ever seen. Who do you think invented the phrase "fly over country", that besmirches 50 % of the populace.

#57 Frozen Gator, Jan 16, 2018
                • Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $2,504
                  Ratings:
                  +6,969 / -17

• Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $17,186
                    Ratings:
                    +41,380 / -1,378
                    My forefathers their place because they were mostly dirt poor and had their land taken from them forcibly decades earlier. I don't give shyt about that place.

Serious question?

He'd be a Democrat again?

I've made it so far, even with a few years as a "bouncer" in a college bar. I'm a lover not a fighter anyway. Thanks for the concern though.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $2,360
                      Ratings:
                      +4,674 / -93
                      Love to fight?