Is Mac it?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We r what we r, Mac is it for now, time will tell, I just hope that 4 loss seasons don't become the success standard here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well the ends of our regular last 2 seasons have been all-horrid. Not so this season's end bowl game.
We sorta stomped instead of getting stomped. That's an improvement. Seems several changes were
already made i.e. Shannon handling that Defense. What else was different for us? That Shannon "move-decision"
was done in short time. Any more improvement changes that anyone can know or expect? There is lots of time
between now and next season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NSD will seal his fate, IMO. He either gets it going with this class or he's toast this year or next. I have almost no confidence he will, but I hope I have to eat crow about him.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
McElwain may or may not be it. Time is running out and UF's will begin hemoraging fans and revenue without a better offense. If he fails to improve the offense as he was hired to do, then eventually he will go the way of Les Miles at LSU.

Still the new AD will be very slow to fire Foley's football hire. If he fires him, the new AD puts his own job on the line.

Also the SEC East is still stocked with DCs trying to play head coach. So I expect UF to win the East again next year. But will two straight SEC East titles with 100+ offense make McElwain almost untouchable now, another SEC East title with a bad offense oddly makes him more vulnerable. As I said above, he was hired to fix the offense and win. If the offense remains awful he will eventually go. We will not know that for another year or two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's it for now. We'll see on NSD, then the opener. We should know then. I still feel the same. Today is a good start. Some changes in the staff sure to come. Many will say no changes per Mac after the Bowl. I think Nord knew he'd be gone before the bowl. Sommers interviewed.....before the bowl. Seal the deal on Locksley. So technically, no more changes after the bowl since they've already been decided. But I'm thinking Nussy will stay, dammit.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If he does not make staff changes he's done. There's no shortage of young great coaches who'd love to be here. So go out and bring some young bright minds in here and organize your recruiting approach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's it for now. We'll see on NSD, then the opener. We should know then. I still feel the same. Today is a good start. Some changes in the staff sure to come. Many will say no changes per Mac after the Bowl. I think Nord knew he'd be gone before the bowl. Sommers interviewed.....before the bowl. Seal the deal on Locksley. So technically, no more changes after the bowl since they've already been decided. But I'm thinking Nussy will stay, dammit.
I think this is a good fair post. Mac has less than a year to get this fixed. Today is a good start. Need some beef on defense. Go!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not but we beat a team many picked would beat us easily and we DESTROYED them. Iowa finished the year strong and we struggled so many expected Iowa to win easily. NOT SO FAST MY GATOR FRIENDS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator