Is Mullen the quarterback whisperer?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you must suffer from selective amnesia. mac being a qb whisperer was a regular topic shortly after his hiring, there were threads about it. Hell there were even articles from beat writers discussing it. And the dude before mac, well there wasnt as much qb whisperer talk about his first o-coord fat cheeseburger charlie but there was a lot of "look what he did with tom brady" from the apologizer crowd.

It's ok big fella, we know you're old and senile. You're still my favorite poster.

I do remember some of those threads and in hind sight.... everyone, including me was buying fools gold! I didn't know anything about Mac but the paper trail looked encouraging and I hoped for the best. Turns out he was a total waste of time. From the first news conference, I knew I didn't like his personality but he was winning and that covered up a lot of Coaching Goofs (Crap). Some saw the end from the beginning, it took me 2 1/2 years to reach the point of no return. Big waste of time but still have some good memories of thrilling wins followed by getting wasted in the SEC Championship Game. Glad he's in the past and hope the New Guy can light a fire under my Gators.

Despite your terrible titles, you are still my favorite poster!

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Mac say something about making his dog a star QB? Does anyone know if Mullen has thoughts about how his offense projects onto household pets? We should probably start the conversation there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Mac say something about making his dog a star QB? Does anyone know if Mullen has thoughts about how his offense projects onto household pets? We should probably start the conversation there.
Hall and Oates? Really?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, I don't know about Mullen exactly. I do know this, somebody developed Dax Prescott. It was either Brian Johnson, Dan Mullen, or both together. I don't want to rely on the "well, look at Dax" argument, but I do want to say that if Mullen isn't the whisperer, maybe we have a guy who is. I know I've been gone a bit, but Mullen still has to win an SEC Title to get my full respect. However, there are some things I've seen while I've been gone that are vast improvements over the last regime (though I'm not sure how much that means since the bar was set so low).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
On record as saying that all my reports from recent practices lead me to believe that Dan is doing things in a controlled and fashion that builds on each day. I like what I am hearing. We know that Rome wasnt built in a millennium or by millennials but I have a great feeling about how he is working on his offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I saw this on another board and it's impressive, as Mullen's offense needs a QB that can run to be effective. Can one of the 3 we have do it? I think EJ can, not so sure Franks or Trask can.

**Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald needs only 461 rushing yards to pass Gator legend
Tim Tebow for most ever by an SEC quarterback.**

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hall and Oates? Really?

R&R HOF - wrote their own stuff and influenced many across a lot of genres. Daryl's "Live from Daryl's House" is an excellent music show for over 10 years. Also a great live show, though I wish I could see a show with them when they are not just playing the top ten hits, of which there were many.

So, yes. Daryl Hall and John Oates. Love them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac flooded the roster with journeyman quarterbacks. Look where that got us.
Burrow not in the same stratosphere as LDR and Appplebee

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow not in the same stratosphere as LDR and Appplebee
You think Mullen didn't at least take a shot at him? My guess is he did.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... influenced many across a lot of genres.

So, yes. Daryl Hall and John Oates. Love them.

No musician has ever listed as an influence that over-produced, insipidly crappy bubble-gum pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb