Founding Member
The off-season continues...:backout:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
My gawd we have fallen off the face of the earth. It's the day before an SEC game and one of our more active threads is focused on the definition of an apartment sublease.

Still more exciting than Gator football

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My gawd we have fallen off the face of the earth. It's the day before an SEC game and one of our more active threads is focused on the definition of an apartment sublease.
902-Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-quotes.gif

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Well, my personal appreciation to chferg and DSS for enlightening me. In retrospect, I did my apartment time in my hometown and had plenty of trusted friends with whom to share a lease on a whole apartment. I hadn't faced going to college in a strange place, with no friends necessarily looking to split an apartment.

Thank you both for sharing your experience. I learned something today.

No worries brother, just felt like yall thought i was making **** up...kinda bothered me

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks DSS, I think people were literally think I was making **** up about my own personal experience.
Not really but this is a very sensitive response.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We have a tendency to go a little offtrack at times and focus on semantics. It's just what we do here.

Btw, hate to be a stickler, but you can't technically "fall off" the face of the Earth. Even if you were, say, diving for a 60 yard Hail Mary. It's just not possible.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a tendency to go a little offtrack at times and focus on semantics. It's just what we do here.

Btw, hate to be a stickler, but you can't technically "fall off" the face of the Earth. Even if you were, say, diving for a 60 yard Hail Mary. It's just not possible.
Are you trying to imply the Earth is not flat?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably Calloway's room.

No room in Gainesville for Calloway.

This is delightul enlightful --- oxymoronic like our football coaching has been.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I honestly forgot that we even had a game until this morning.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No, those would be subleases or a sublet.

The lease would be for the entire property, the 4 bedroom apartment in this case. A sublease, or sublet, would be the individual rooms. A sublease is of property to a subtenant.

Not in this instance.

From personal experience of a place like this. Each room is technically it's own apartment. When you sign your lease you are signing for your "apartment" only.

Sent from my VS988 using Gatorchatter mobile app

I'm with NV on this. The landlord would have all 4 occupants on the lease for the entire unit. If one moves out, all 4 are still collectively responsible for the full balance. If the tenant that moved out doesn't pay, the remaining 3 tenants are still liable for the full monthly rent. There's no way an apartment management company is going to take on the hassle and risk of having to rent an individual room in the event somebody moves out. Think about this...if it worked the way Ferg says, the management company could throw anybody into the empty room, even someone who is a complete stranger to the remaining tenants...and those tenants wouldn't agree to those terms. Ferg's position makes absolutly no sense for either the landlord nor the tenants.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'm with NV on this. The landlord would have all 4 occupants on the lease for the entire unit. If one moves out, all 4 are still collectively responsible for the full balance. If the tenant that moved out doesn't pay, the remaining 3 tenants are still liable for the full monthly rent. There's no way an apartment management company is going to take on the hassle and risk of having to rent an individual room in the event somebody moves out. Think about this...if it worked the way Ferg says, the management company could throw anybody into the empty room, even someone who is a complete stranger to the remaining tenants...and those tenants wouldn't agree to those terms. Ferg's position makes absolutly no sense for either the landlord nor the tenants.
Did you not read the thread? We've already established this is a new norm for many complexes

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Did you not read the thread? We've already established this is a new norm for many complexes

No, not before I posted. I'm funny like that...oftentimes I'll post a reply to what I just read rather than reading to the end of the thread and then going back to post. I know I'm one of the very few on here who do it that way. ;)

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No, not before I posted. I'm funny like that...oftentimes I'll post a reply to what I just read rather than reading to the end of the thread and then going back to post. I know I'm one of the very few on here who do it that way. ;)
Lol no worries dude we all have mouths bigger than our brains here

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
They've been renting single rooms for along time now. My son did that the last few years. Not sure how they do the utilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.