Is Scarlett Gone?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They've been renting single rooms for along time now. My son did that the last few years. Not sure how they do the utilities
water, electric and cable are included in each renters monthly flat rate. Trash is simply walking the bag to the nearest complex dumpster. Very simple for complex and student renters.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ScarlettFever25 posted on Facebook in Sept. that he was looking for someone to sublease his apartment "ASAP."

#Gators running back Jordan Scarlett, who was suspended this year after credit card fraud case, is being sued for eviction by The Ridge apartment complex in Gainesville for not paying rent (per Alachua County public records)
pic.twitter.com/CjVj6mmS7K

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ScarlettFever25 posted on Facebook in Sept. that he was looking for someone to sublease his apartment "ASAP."

#Gators running back Jordan Scarlett, who was suspended this year after credit card fraud case, is being sued for eviction by The Ridge apartment complex in Gainesville for not paying rent (per Alachua County public records)
pic.twitter.com/CjVj6mmS7K
:spank:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Funny thread....folks who have not leased in Gainesville in years telling folks who currently do...what the process is.

Having just had a daughter graduate UF from UF and having paid monthly rent for 5 years I can assure you chferg is absolutely on the money. My daughter lived in 4 apts in 5 years. Always went to the leasing office with her own roommates together and picked out the unit they wanted. Each signed their own individual lease with no obligation to the lease of the others. Several years she paid more (I paid more) for a 2 br unit and her roommate was her best friend from high school. She stayed in some very nice townhouses. The only problem I had was utilities were built into the flat fee but only to a limit. If you went over the stated limit the “overage” was divided up between all roommates evenly and billed as a separate bill. On 2 occasions I had to have my attorney send a letter as the leasing office would not show any proof of the alleged overage. They expected you pay no questions asked. One month we pointed out a 4000 sq ft house wouldn’t have the electric bill of the 1800 sq ft townhouse. It was crazy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly get rid of every kid involved and wash our hands.
That’s been my position since day one. You don’t keep thieves on the payroll in the real world, so you shouldn’t keep em on scholarship, either.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don’t understand why this legal case is dragging out so long for the guys who took the pre-trial diversion program offer. The university needs to make their decisions and be done with it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t understand why this legal case is dragging out so long for the guys who took the pre-trial diversion program offer. The university needs to make their decisions and be done with it.
I thought I read it was in the hands of the Student Judicial Affairs or something like that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Funny thread....folks who have not leased in Gainesville in years telling folks who currently do...what the process is.

Having just had a daughter graduate UF from UF and having paid monthly rent for 5 years I can assure you chferg is absolutely on the money. My daughter lived in 4 apts in 5 years. Always went to the leasing office with her own roommates together and picked out the unit they wanted. Each signed their own individual lease with no obligation to the lease of the others. Several years she paid more (I paid more) for a 2 br unit and her roommate was her best friend from high school. She stayed in some very nice townhouses. The only problem I had was utilities were built into the flat fee but only to a limit. If you went over the stated limit the “overage” was divided up between all roommates evenly and billed as a separate bill. On 2 occasions I had to have my attorney send a letter as the leasing office would not show any proof of the alleged overage. They expected you pay no questions asked. One month we pointed out a 4000 sq ft house wouldn’t have the electric bill of the 1800 sq ft townhouse. It was crazy.
that's been the case for over 20 years. Some ppl in this thread we're just talking out their :bart:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I assume we are just going thru the process/paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.