Is the Jags head coach the worst in NFL history?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was busy yesterday, but I kept my eye on the NFL scoreboard. At one point, I looked up and the Jags were losing 35-0 to a terrible Chargers team. 35-0. I thought this team was supposed to go to the playoffs this year? Then I saw this article this morning:
Do you know how bad a 12-38 record is? There have been 170 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 50 games, and Bradley’s winning percentage ranks 169th out of those 170. The only coach with a worse record was Bert Bell, who coached the Philadelphia Eagles from 1936 to 1941. And the only reason Bell wasn’t fired is that Bell was also the Eagles’ owner.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...after-when-does-gus-bradley-start-rebuilding/

Discuss.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is there to discuss? He's terrible and that franchise is as good as gone.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was talking to a hard core Jags friend yesterday, who has given up on Gus. Here's a few things I sent him.

@RealSteveVaughn: #Jaguars Gus win % - 24.5%, Marion Campbell - 29.8%, David Shula - 26.8%, Richie Kotite - 41.8% - Impressive company #firegus

@mjtiscione: The #Jaguars have won 16 games since firing Jack Del Rio.

The @Jaguars fired Jack Del Rio five years ago.

@RJinVegas: HARD TO BELIEVE: Blake Bortles has started 32 NFL games, and has a total of THREE 1st quarter TD passes! @jags (h/t Mike Lombardi)

I like Bortles, but dang.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bortles has racked up some decent stats, almost all of it in garbage time. Is he actually a franchise quarterback? Despite the hype, the jury is definitely still out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
As a Jags fan I'm ready for a change. He seems like a really good guy but just doesn't have it. At all.

He's a defensive minded guy....whose defense has sucked balls the whole time he has been here.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The team makes stupid, avoidable penalties that cost yardage and points every game. In presser, the idiot coach says, "that's on me."

damn right fool.

if they drop the next two his butt better be gone during the bye week. this is atrocious. khan is a fool to have kept him so long.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite part of the article:

There’s still a lot of football left to play. If your team is 2-0, you feel like celebrating today. If your team is 0-2, you feel like crying today. But remember that we have a long way to go before the season is over. The Jets, Cowboys and Falcons all started 2-0 last year and missed the playoffs. The Texans and Seahawks both started 0-2 last year and made the playoffs. Don’t lose hope if your team isn’t playing well. Although if you’re a Jaguars fan, maybe it is time to lose hope.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually considered going to the game yesterday but then I remembered that I hate the NFL.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What crystal meth addicted jackass said the Jaguars were going to make the playoffs this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator