Is the joke on us? Do we care more about Gator Football than Fuchs and Stricklin?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I gave this a dislike. While I agree with it in principle, the football fan in me knows that it is a viscous sport that requires certain types of men to play. Football is not a means toward making a better world. It a combative catharthis requiring kids from disenfranchised back grounds to compete for the opportunity to make millions of dollars. These kids often come from crime ridden neighborhoods. Mr. Rogers and his merry band of Tebows ain’t gonna win shyte no more. You need tuffs on your squad.

This is the whole reason the University is a separate entity from the UAA.

But the UAA is not separate in reality. Sure financially it is, but the University president and the board could change anything, without the university there are no Gators.

Now I want a great academic school first, after all it is The University, not The Sports.

That said we don't need criminals on any team, they can be educated not to be criminals that is the whole point, you become a Gator.

We probably got the best choice of those willing to come, give him time (like years) to improve our team, and remember others are doing the same. We don't have advantages over others that we had in the past, and we were not fortunate enough to get a combination of a great staff (Urban did not do it himself), and great players (three from one home). We don't have the players or the staff to make a run at the NC, hopefully we will.

Now I probably should not say this but I live in TN, they have a lot of band wagon fans. That being those that only care about UT football, not any other sport and not academics at all. Any such Gator fans can exist, but I don't want them.

Graduates should care about the university and several sports, or no sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.