Is the McElwain honeymoon over?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Enough of this pathetic offense and close games against inferior competition. I'm neither saying nor advocating that he should be fired, but Treon can take only so much blame for our performance. I'm not having fun watching this team, and one reason why he was hired was to inject joy into Gator football. I know wins and losses is what ultimately matters, but there's a reason so few of us look fondly on that 11-2 season in 2012.
I watched the post-game interview. He seemed a little too loosey-goosey. He should be angry (but not volcanic) that we almost lost as a #8 team to a 2-8 Conference USA team with pathetic output on offense and kicking special teams.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, let's go ahead and start the coaching search.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Enough of this pathetic offense and close games against inferior competition. I'm neither saying nor advocating that he should be fired, but Treon can take only so much blame for our performance. I'm not having fun watching this team, and one reason why he was hired was to inject joy into Gator football. I know wins and losses is what ultimately matters, but there's a reason so few of us look fondly on that 11-2 season in 2012.
I watched the post-game interview. He seemed a little too loosey-goosey. He should be angry (but not volcanic) that we almost lost as a #8 team to a 2-8 Conference USA team with pathetic output on offense and kicking special teams.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

:britney:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is why we are viewed as one of the worst/most spoiled fan bases in the country.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heck NO! Let's let him get his own QB in there and his own players in there before we start bashing him. We are playing with house money, this season.

This guy just keeps on going after every setback he's been giving.

Not enough O-lineman to practice in the spring
We lost our best O-lineman in the spring
Our #2 RB transfers before the season starts
We lose out #1 QB for a year

I think that we will get a good graduate transfer QB in, after the season. Now that players see that we are a QB away from a championship, they will line up to play for the gators.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is NOTHING like 2012. If you can't see the difference between this year and that year then I just can't help you

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCity is trying to steal the crown from FireFoley. Nice effort.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
This is NOTHING like 2012. If you can't see the difference between this year and that year then I just can't help you

I genuinely do want to know what the difference is between 2012 and this season. Both teams had great defenses and mediocre-at-best offenses. 2012 had a better kicker (the rest of special teams evens out). Both seasons, we played down to inferior competition and won games which our stats indicated we should have had a higher likelihood of losing. The major difference I see is that this year we won the SEC East.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For him to take us to 10-1 with this offense is nothing short of miraculous. That's coaching. He can coach em but he isn't blocking or passing either. Mac had got this. Chump would have shat the bed.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac might need to get back to showing a little fire in the belly and scale back a little on the love, choice and peanut butter sandwiches.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The difference between 2012 and this year is clear? Mac doesn't want to play this brand of offensive football. Treon's physical limitations are forcing his hand. Chump wets himself with excitement watching this kind of football.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yeah, I'm sure he's happy winning in OT against a 2-8 team. Would you prefer the blow a gasket Muschamp type?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
We have a 10-1 coach, SEC East Champ, so yeah, let's fire him and find someone else. Can't believe some of these so-called Gators. Fricking disgusting.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a 10-1 coach, SEC East Champ, so yeah, let's fire him and find someone else. Can't believe some of these so-called Gators. Fricking disgusting.
We almost had to....that is what I've been told...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aw c'mon MJM we are no worse than any other rabid fanatics. Most would like to see IMPROVEMENT after 11 games.

If we're ready to turn on a guy that will likely be a finalist for coach of the year I think we have to be one of the absolute worst fan bases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator