Is there anything that can be done now?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So clearly the offense is no better than it was. So is there anything that can be done about this?

A. Is there anyone on the staff who might make a good OC?

B. Is there anyone not on the staff available and NOT named Steve Spurrier Sr. who UF might hire on Sunday to take over this offense?

C. Could perennial claimed solution simplifying the blocking scheme actually work in UF's case?

Or do we just have to ride it out, watch UF maybe win the East, but know what is coming the last game of the season and then in Atlanta.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Win the east ::lmao2:

Solution for the blocking :rotfl:

Just have someone different call plays :lmao:

Get real.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
We won't win the East, so I guess we'll need to invent a new "Championship" this year, maybe "3rd in the SEC East Champions"

How about just making some in game adjustments? Anybody ever heard of an audible?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Nope, enjoy the good parts of the season, nothing can be done, this is Mac's offense no matter who is the OC.

This is my experience too. OCs and DCs tend to reflect what the head coach wants. So I suspect the looming off season shuffle of OC will only get McElwain another year, but won't change anything. It will however make a handy excuse for the offense in McElwain's 4th season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So clearly the offense is no better than it was. So is there anything that can be done about this?

A. Is there anyone on the staff who might make a good OC?
No. Jujuan Seider is the only legitimate Power 5 coach on offense and he is more of a recruiter and less of a tactician. When the others are fired soon they will likely be sunbelt bound again.

Or do we just have to ride it out, watch UF maybe win the East, but know what is coming the last game of the season and then in Atlanta.
We arent winning the east.

This will be a team lucky to be bowl eligible.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said it in the off-season...Mac fires Nuss at some point and buys himself another year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like a broken record saying it, but call quicker developing plays and route trees, run some middle screens, and run draws. Those are the only ways to counter a terrible offensive line. That's short term. Long term? Shake up the offensive coaching staff.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These guys won't even win champions of life much less the SEC East

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A fast physical def line of 5 star athletes exposed us yesterday. We werent ready for it. Our line will be better. (i feel it in my bones).........
Jordan will make the line look better. wtf do I know..............give me a patsy to play so I can feel a little better. Beat UT and we are all
partying again. How about we just watch Golden Corral football this year and dream.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This year is going to be rough no matter what; however, if Mac fires Nuss sometime this month and calls his own plays, then it will at least look like he's trying to win.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A fast physical def line of 5 star athletes exposed us yesterday. We werent ready for it. Our line will be better. (i feel it in my bones).........
Jordan will make the line look better. wtf do I know..............give me a patsy to play so I can feel a little better. Beat UT and we are all
partying again. How about we just watch Golden Corral football this year and dream.
Didn't take long for the pumptastic delusions of grandeur to return. Bravo coach.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This year is going to be rough no matter what; however, if Mac fires Nuss sometime this month and calls his own plays, then it will at least look like he's trying to win.

Wait, wasn't Mac supposed to be more involved in the play calling this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb