Is there anything that can be done now?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can anything be done now?

IMG_0098.JPG

On a serious note, we gotta get rid of Nuss asap. Let Mac take over playcalls as one last chance to show if he can save his job.

Last edited:

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
What they need to do is watch the way Indiana ran their offense against OSU and copy it. They used a hurry up hiking the ball within about 13 seconds with the QB getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds. It helps make up for a terrible or over matched o-line. Both of which we will have pretty much every game we play this year.

Of course it would require a QB who can actually deliver the ball and receivers that can actually get a little separation quickly. I think it helps get the players in a rhythm, specially the QB and receivers. It tires out the defense and keeps them constantly guessing with little time to make adjustments.

I don't think for a second that it would EVER even be considered though.

I've thought since watching the disgrace Saturday evening that Indiana's offensive scheme against tOSU was exactly what this Gator team should look like. Ironically, that was a Kevin Wilson installed offense who is now the OC at tOSU. Personal opinion, Kevin Wilson should be at the top of our list for the OC position (not sure you can pry him away from Meyer though at this point without a promotion to HC and his HC resume stinks).

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like a broken record saying it, but call quicker developing plays and route trees, run some middle screens, and run draws. Those are the only ways to counter a terrible offensive line. That's short term. Long term? Shake up the offensive coaching staff.

This.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Too much doom and gloom for me. It's obvious to me our offense pretty much sucks but I still remain hopeful.

I heard all off season about how bad the SEC East is, so why couldn't we pull it off?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Too much doom and gloom for me. It's obvious to me our offense pretty much sucks but I still remain hopeful.

I heard all off season about how bad the SEC East is, so why couldn't we pull it off?
By the same people saying how great our offensive line is, and how fast are skill position guys are. C'mon man, open your eyes. It's just BS spin to placate the fanbase. Did you watch the UT game? You think we are better than them? What about UGA? Even with the backup in, they were functional. Mizzo just set like an ncaa record with offense. Are we gonna waltz into columbia and beat them too? The east is bad, we are near the bottom of it. Reality my friend.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Definition: Insanity= doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Painful to watch & even more than a skosh expensive...wake me up when we have some semblance of an offense again...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I STILL believe he over-performed the first two years, all things considered (not including recruiting). This was the year he needed to show us he could run an SEC Football program. Based on that garbage I saw yesterday, he isn't even close. They were so poorly prepared, I'm not sure they could have beaten this directional school from Colorado we'll be facing in the next game. They still may not, even with a game of experience under their belts. I swear it looked like we don't even practice.

Add to your post that a ton of folks think Harbaugh is overrated and sucks. If so, what the hell does that make our guy?

upload_2017-9-6_9-54-22.jpeg

"I've got a gen-u-ine plan to win the East again this season..."

images

"Butters & Nuss"

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What they need to do is watch the way Indiana ran their offense against OSU and copy it. They used a hurry up hiking the ball within about 13 seconds with the QB getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds. It helps make up for a terrible or over matched o-line. Both of which we will have pretty much every game we play this year.

Of course it would require a QB who can actually deliver the ball and receivers that can actually get a little separation quickly. I think it helps get the players in a rhythm, specially the QB and receivers. It tires out the defense and keeps them constantly guessing with little time to make adjustments.

I don't think for a second that it would EVER even be considered though.
That would be great but would require an innovating offensive mind and a confident one at that. Nuss is like a kid playing Madden that has like 4 go to plays he can use to exploit the AI but when put into practice against a really good human opponent gets blown out and can't run anymore than the same broken 4 plays that the other guys already figured out how to stop.

We can't run tempo because our oc has no idea what to do... it's why calls are late and we're rushing up to the lone late every play

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would be great but would require an innovating offensive mind and a confident one at that. Nuss is like a kid playing Madden that has like 4 go to plays he can use to exploit the AI but when put into practice against a really good human opponent gets blown out and can't run anymore than the same broken 4 plays that the other guys already figured out how to stop.

We can't run tempo because our oc has no idea what to do... it's why calls are late and we're rushing up to the lone late every play

You give him too much credit with Madden, it's more like the original tecmo Bowl, where you have four plays.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I've thought since watching the disgrace Saturday evening that Indiana's offensive scheme against tOSU was exactly what this Gator team should look like. Ironically, that was a Kevin Wilson installed offense who is now the OC at tOSU. Personal opinion, Kevin Wilson should be at the top of our list for the OC position (not sure you can pry him away from Meyer though at this point without a promotion to HC and his HC resume stinks).

He was the guy I wanted last year when it looked like we were going to dump Nusschamp but then the unthinkable happened and he got a raise and extension...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was the guy I wanted last year when it looked like we were going to dump Nusschamp but then the unthinkable happened and he got a raise and extension...
That's what good coaches do, they go out and hire the good coaches like Wilson when they are available...our last 2 coaches go out there and keep trying to bang their head against a brick wall doing the same crap that got them in the mess.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This whole new oc idea is freakin garbage. No decent career oc should be shuffling offensive coordinators. You guys act like these guys aren't in meetings all week discussing the offensive game plan. You guys think mac coaches the defense during practices through out the week? Let's stop looking for a scapegoat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
then the unthinkable happened and he got a raise and extension...
Still trying to wrap my head around that. He finished LAST in the SEC and 116th.....AND GOT A $500K RAISE? AND AN EXTENSION?

This is why I have zero nada zilch faith in Strickler.

Where is that thread? I feel like venting again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This whole new oc idea is freakin garbage. No decent career oc should be shuffling offensive coordinators. You guys act like these guys aren't in meetings all week discussing the offensive game plan. You guys think mac coaches the defense during practices through out the week? Let's stop looking for a scapegoat.

The problem is the group think mentality, until it bites Butters in the ass... which it will... he will continue to use it.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Still trying to wrap my head around that. He finished LAST in the SEC and 116th.....AND GOT A $500K RAISE? AND AN EXTENSION?

This is why I have zero nada zilch faith in Strickler.

Where is that thread? I feel like venting again.

Yeah once he did that I realized we have nothing but a clone of the last moron

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator