It’s snowing in Gainesville - Or is UF trolling?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last time I remember snow (the only time I remember snow) in Gainesville was 89. It was during school Christmas Break.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
26166277_10108165298318560_642779970844533714_n.jpg

That is freakin hilarious! And I even read that while sitting on the john!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Last time I remember snow (the only time I remember snow) in Gainesville was 89. It was during school Christmas Break.

I remember that. I also remember it snowing 8-10 years earlier, I was in middle school, I think. My brother and I had a brief snowball fight. Ground cover wasn’t that great, so the only snow worth collecting was on the roof and hood of the car parked outside the carport. Short supply of ammo...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No, between Blackshear and Waycross. I live just outside of Baxley, we had a solid 4 to 5 inches still on the ground there this morning.

Damn, you’ll and Savannah are getting pounded. It’s cold as can be up here in the northern Atlanta suburbs but no snow, the skies are crystal clear.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Boston Harbor got a storm surge and now the water is looking for a place to go. It’s gone down a little, but the water was one step short of reaching my front porch (and front door).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hear your area getting almost hurricane force winds.........

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Gusts of 70 mph were predicted, don’t know what we’re getting right now. The snow is almost horizontal though.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Was there and they closed I75 for a bit.

It also snowed two years ago at the springs when we were camping in early December.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weird. I thought global cooling was caused by global warming which is caused by republicans and SUVs, neither of which were so common during these big storms in the 70s and mid 80s.

I'm just not very good at this religion.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, it was 89 Christmas Break - I remember it well as I got food poisoning over that break and couldn't eat anything solid for over a week. But to start, my Mom/Sister drove up from Tampa area at night to pick me up and we headed up to see relatives in Illinois. I got to drive the night shift and was doing about 30-40 mph most of the way through Georgia due to icy roads (most people were just parked on the right hand side of the road, or just going very slow as they didn't know how to drive in the conditions, whereas I grew up in it). Stopped at a Mickey D's somewhere near Nashville and that's where I had the bad chicken sandwich (ended up in the hospital that night and then proceeded to miss out on the Christmas feast and everything else (Gatorade was about the only thing I consumed for a week). Came back after break to a flooded house due to busted water pipes (too bad the landlord didn't check the house while we were gone for break, or that we didn't leave a faucet dripping). D'oh!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yep, it was 89 Christmas Break - I remember it well as I got food poisoning over that break and couldn't eat anything solid for over a week. But to start, my Mom/Sister drove up from Tampa area at night to pick me up and we headed up to see relatives in Illinois. I got to drive the night shift and was doing about 30-40 mph most of the way through Georgia due to icy roads (most people were just parked on the right hand side of the road, or just going very slow as they didn't know how to drive in the conditions, whereas I grew up in it). Stopped at a Mickey D's somewhere near Nashville and that's where I had the bad chicken sandwich (ended up in the hospital that night and then proceeded to miss out on the Christmas feast and everything else (Gatorade was about the only thing I consumed for a week). Came back after break to a flooded house due to busted water pipes (too bad the landlord didn't check the house while we were gone for break, or that we didn't leave a faucet dripping). D'oh!

I’m sorry, you need to explain the “mom/sister” situation more. Were you born in tinerc???

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You realize the difference between Mom & Sister and Mom/Sister, right?
I'm no lawyer, but yes, I do know the difference. I was obviously typing up a fury and didn't think about it. Glad you all had a good laugh on my account. :bart:
Couldn't even put my foot in my mouth. :lol:
Simpsons%20-%20Bart%20with%20Fist%20in%20Mouth.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.