Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously if Frank gets hurt, You play EJ. You know damn well that’s not what that meant.
If you play EJ vs Idahoe, then your hands are tied.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I have selfish reasons for wanting EJ to play at FSU....I'm taking my boy to Doak next week, and we don't have the luxury of going to very many games. I would rather see EJ possibly it up against the Seminoles instead of 100% Franks blowing kisses to the crowd.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to run the Triple Option or maybe the Single Wing.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you play EJ vs Idahoe, then your hands are tied.

Then you are either prepare Toney or you burn EJ’s redshirt.

I think the main reason he’s not playing EJ Is because EJ is not ready. He just doesn’t want to stunt his growth. We’ve seen QBs constantly thrust into playing even though they’re not ready because coaching staffs have done a terrible job of managing and re recruiting QBs.

The bonus is that he can be redshirted. But as you pointed out, it doesn’t matter. If he’s good enough he’ll be gone anyway.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Caught the last half of the Florida Game , Of course I saw Franks missing open receivers and such !
BUT what I also saw was A TEAM out there ! They started playing as A Unit and had the WILL to WIN !
As A Young team with a lot of starters holding the rope with little experience prior to this season , The Gators are getting MUCH needed experience at A lot of positions and along with New recruits getting playing time the future of the Team is looking GREAT , QB Franks aside from his Shushing the Fans actually seemed to go thru his options before throwing the ball at times something he never did last year ! He is Our #1 by default and after the Vandals game we may see a lot more of QB Jones ! Hopefully the Big Win will again get the attention of recruits on the fence and bring some much needed Big Time help to the Roster ! It also looks like the team is coming around again just in time to get some pay Back on our FSUers , whose team looks about as Bad as its ever been ! Hopefully the Offensive line continues to come around to allow for the Backs to continue to RUN WILD against our future opponets to allow for Franks to do what he does best ! Manage the game with simple throws , hand offs and occasional Scampers ! Yes Franks IS What He IS and for now he's all we GOT at QB so 'ALL ABOARD The GATOR TRAIN' With Franks as the CONDUCTOR
!
If this isn't Muncie's son, it's someone paying homage to our long lost friend. In any case, rest in PEACE, our old friend, you were one of a kind and a great rival.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Got wrapped up in A home improvement job that lasted abit to long BUT I was ALL IN when it mattered !
I like that ultra not only uses an exclamation point on every damn sentence, he for some strange reason puts a space between the end of the sentence and the exclamation point.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Wow! What a take! Amazing! Personally I think we need to sit Franks for good! I'd like to see Jones the rest of the way! Yes!
Yes, lets rush another QB into playing..... Cmon guys, smh
Im all for giving EJ some spot duty over the next few weeks but throwing him out there as a full time starter is crazy talk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then you are either prepare Toney or you burn EJ’s redshirt.
I agree, but Mullinz doesn't. It took him 10 months to notice Kadarius Toney is on the roster. You think he's running him at QB next week? I'm not even convinced he WANTS to play him, he just doesn't have another option. Mullinz and Creyer like tall receivers who block well, like Grimes. The rest is not important.

[/QUOTE]I think the main reason he’s not playing EJ Is because EJ is not ready. He just doesn’t want to stunt his growth.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure he thinks that. I'm also sure EJ can throw screens as well as Franks and can run better.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like that ultra not only uses an exclamation point on every damn sentence, he for some strange reason puts a space between the end of the sentence and the exclamation point.
That means, there’s a pause before the exclamation. Really well done.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just as fascinated by posts where the sentence goes to the next line well before it reaches the right margin.

How does that happen without the poster constantly hitting the return button? Why would someone go to that trouble to begin with?

These are the things that keep me awake at night.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, lets rush another QB into playing..... Cmon guys, smh
Im all for giving EJ some spot duty over the next few weeks but throwing him out there as a full time starter is crazy talk
You're slobbering all over Franks. I can't imagine how you react to quarterbacks that are actually good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
About like you slobbering over an unknown. Change for the sake of change....
Well, if the "known" is that it's terrible, then what do you have to lose by trying out the unknown? It could be more terrible?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Well, if the "known" is that it's terrible, then what do you have to lose by trying out the unknown? It could be more terrible?
The known for everything he is or isnt is 7-3, the unknown has negative yards rushing and is 0-1 on an underthrown pass. But again, he's not Franks so everyone is ready to throw him to the wolves and possibly wreck his development like Franks was.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I have no doubt that Jones will be good but if he doesnt know the offense enough to be out there then he shouldnt be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just want a QB that can pass the ball. The collection of stiffs we've managed to scrape together since Tebow left are beyond belief. If you took their combined IQ and multiplied it by 100, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe.....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process. Franks would score single digits on the Wonderlic.

Most teams would have been able to find a passer BY ACCIDENT by now, but not us.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I just want a QB that can pass the ball. The collection of stiffs we've managed to scrape together since Tebow left are beyond belief. If you took their combined IQ and multiplied it by 100, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe.....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process. Franks would score single digits on the Wonderlic.

Most teams would have been able to find a passer BY ACCIDENT by now, but not us.
We all want a good QB, God knows its been ages. But being the first season under a new HC, everyone learning a new scheme ect Im not ready to throw our hopeful future guy out there to get his head kicked in. Franks has taken some shots behind our ragtag OL this season and Im not sure its a good situation to throw EJ out there fulltime and I trust Coach Mullen to bring this kid along the right way. IF we were mid season and we were losing I may have a different opinion but with a few very winable games left, I see no need to rush the process.
Ppl keep saying how dumb Franks is yet Coach Mullen says out of all the QBs, he does the best job at running the offense and calling audibles........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.