It was just a matter of time

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• B

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • C

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • D

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • F

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I think if we don’t make them, we win. Can I say it any simpler than that?
Maybe. But you can’t run the table doing more with less all season. It’s got to catch up with you sometime.
This talent gap theory is garbage. We just beat a LSU team a few weeks ago that scrubbed Georgia. We went into starkville and got a W.
We kept giving them the damn ball! How many games are you going to win when you're minus 3or4 in the turnover margin? It was mostly self inflicted at that.
Two of the turnovers were due to the talent gap. Franks vs Fromm talent gap. Fromm was 5 star for a reason. Franks wasn’t.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don’t want to knock our players, but if I’m being honest, neither would be in the 2-deep during Meyer or Spurrier’s tenure.

They are our current version of good.
Possibly true, but I have posted the numbers and we are 3rd behind Bama and USC in list of schools with most players drafted the last 10 years averaging 5.5 players a year. We actually were above that average over the last 2 years surprisingly. We are also way up there on the list of schools with the most players on 2018 opening day NFL rosters, so we have an earned reputation as a school that produces guys who are ready to produce at the next level.

I think there are a lot of talented players that will play in the NFL on this team, and they will get serious looks simply because they are coming from a proven NFL farm program.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. But you can’t run the table doing more with less all season. It’s got to catch up with you sometime.

Two of the turnovers were due to the talent gap. Franks vs Fromm talent gap. Fromm was 5 star for a reason. Franks wasn’t.
Fromm played just as bad against LSU. Frank's was a high 4star with comparable numbers going into this game.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I said over and over preseason we had defensive issues. Fro
Fromm played just as bad against LSU. Frank's was a high 4star with comparable numbers going into this game.
Franks has been playing way over his head with very careful control by Mullen. Fromm took the leghumpers to the NC game. 99% of us would trade Franks for Fromm

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly true, but I have posted the numbers and we are 3rd behind Bama and USC in list of schools with most players drafted the last 10 years averaging 5.5 players a year. .
None of that shyt about guys drafted in 2008 and 2009 has anything to do w what we put on the field today.

Absurd.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oh he wants to do quarterback runs. he's itching to run Q Power and draw.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We blitzed early and they smoked us. Sonwe stopped and told our ends to make it happen. They didnt.

I think Vosean Joseph will have Nauta nightmares for years
Nauta was a high 5 star recruit who has mostly under-performed before this year, but he is a mismatch for most LBs to try to cover because of his size and speed. He's 21 years old so a mature big body and going to the NFL this year where he will be a high pick. And of course Fromm had to pick today to be particularly accurate.

Still, it was pretty embarrassing seeing him get open repeatedly in the second half.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nauta was a high 5 star recruit who has mostly under-performed before this year, but he is a mismatch for most LBs to try to cover because of his size and speed. He's 21 years old so a mature big body and going to the NFL this year where he will be a high pick. And of course Fromm had to pick today to be particularly accurate.

Still, it was pretty embarrassing seeing him get open repeatedly in the second half.
sure. But frankly it doesn't take Nauta to expose our linebackers

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Still the best thread ever after a loss. Thought it would implode by now but still very rational.

I agree it was winnable. On one hand we gave away too much with the turnovers. Without them we win. But we also could have still won despite them.

Why? Not because we’re more talented but because we are better coached and we have started to build a real winning culture here. These guys believe in their coach and each other. Tough loss. Disappointing loss. But nobody believes we don’t belong anymore. Teams rarely come out of nowhere and win championships (69 Mets). Usually it’s a process of getting battle tested in some tough and disappointing games.

I hope to see these guys come out and fight next week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Too many Franks designed runs. He needs to take off only with wide open real estate.
you can't leave one guy on the defensive line unblocked when you're running an option and not have some threat that the quarterback will run.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With the exception of the goal line stand, I watched uga control the line of scrimmage and have WRs run around open most of the game, which allowed their QB to make play after play. Yes we made dumb mistakes, but we couldn't force them to make any mistakes, which is what we were supposed to be good at, especially on 3rd and long.

Yes the game was winnable, but the talent gap was obvious. Sometimes less talented teams win when they play their best (i.e., Purdue last week). We did not play our best so that made it much harder to pull off the upset. It's a crappy loss, knowing you could have won, but we're kidding ourselves if we believe we actually are a legit top 10 team that just had a bad day. We are a good top 20 team which is consistent with where our last 4 recruiting classes are ranked.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I loved Coach’s postgame presser. Damn he has changed my mind about him. He’s developing talent, creating great game plans and play calls and that interview tells you everything you need to know about the culture being built.

This guy is the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.