It's a do-or-die first half against Idaho

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n33427 said:
I agree - hopefully 50+. Their fans seem to think their offense will be improved quite a bit but that their defense will be one of the worst in college football again.

If you watch that video, it certainly looks like their offense is having their way with their defense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Gator Fever;n33427 said:
I agree - hopefully 50+. Their fans seem to think their offense will be improved quite a bit but that their defense will be one of the worst in college football again.

If you watch that video, it certainly looks like their offense is having their way with their defense.
It does. No excuse not to be in the 40's or above this game. Almost all their DB's that were torched last season are returning. We need to get some practice in.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just showing the ability to score TDs (not FGs) on every possession in the first half is fine by me. Pull the starters in the 2nd half. If that means we only score 35 or 38 points for the game then I'm okay with that.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Gator Fever;n33204 said:
That Idaho QB must run a lot looking at the plays they ran. Some of their fans actually think they could hang with us due to the time of the game and watching us last season I guess.

Curiosity got the best of me so I looked into some more of their videos and found this one. Am I understanding their coach and his interviewer correctly? Does Idaho play 2 games before they play us?

[video=youtube;SJpdOQY015M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpdOQY015M&list=UUb6gMe7oAM5YwB93SBQHZVA[/video]
http://www.govandals.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=87197&SPID=10352

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Vandals. Colors and logo bring Vandy to mind. And I believe the proper Latin term is platypodes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Gator Fever;n33204 said:
That Idaho QB must run a lot looking at the plays they ran. Some of their fans actually think they could hang with us due to the time of the game and watching us last season I guess.

Curiosity got the best of me so I looked into some more of their videos and found this one. Am I understanding their coach and his interviewer correctly? Does Idaho play 2 games before they play us?

[video=youtube;SJpdOQY015M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpdOQY015M&list=UUb6gMe7oAM5YwB93SBQHZVA[/video]
You're right. That video has to be about a different sport. Not being familiar with their coaches I just assumed he was their football coach. Guess that's what I get for assuming. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This team is shiiit. We should score 60-70 even if our third team plays a lot. Spurrier would probably score 84 or so.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
This team is shiiit. We should score 60-70 even if our third team plays a lot. Spurrier would probably score 84 or so.
84? Such a strange number

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Process!!! Good process will create the appropriate number of scores, turnovers and kick returns for a lot of yards. Never take the foot off the gas as SOS might say "it is their Defense's role to stop us not ours to stop trying" Pull the starters when the lead is sufficient then let the second string to do their thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
I watch him score 84 versus Kintucky because he hated their coach (who had fired SOS).

It's 12 TDs. We took the fourth quarter off.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n18809 said:
Usually offenses take a game or so to click. That was typical with Spurrier offenses as well. I'm not as worried about the 1st game as I am about the second.
^^^^^^^ THIS.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gulfstream;n33680 said:
^^^^^^^ THIS.

That is a myth - Spurrier averaged more in his 1st games than the second game - but early on we did play some decent teams that 2nd game when he was the coach.

I think Spurrier averaged 48 points in our opening games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Ever been to Idaho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.