It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if we'll ever compete for any championships under Mullen, but I do know that he's going to actually run a competitive program.

Team looked outstanding. Prepared and disciplined - barely any penalties. Special teams was unreal - kicking and punting as well as the coverage play - night and day from the Nord era. Hell, TWO blocked kicks!

The players were fired up and actually looked like they were having fun out there, and the crowd responded in turn. Fun football.

I'll tell you this: if Franks can play anywhere near that level against real competition, this team could be tough to beat.

Let's beat Kentucky by 50.

Discuss.
I know it was a cupcake but wow that was fun to watch.
Ox I couldn't agree more. So great to see the energy! They haven't had that kind energy in what seems like 5 years or more.

Go Gators

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've spent a fair amount of time over the past several months reading the opinions of others -- coaches, players, other ADs, the media -- about Mullen. Who he is, what he's done, how and why he's done what he's done.

There is virtual universal respect for what he's accomplished in a traditional SEC shythole. I compare that to the protest opinions here. He may yet turn out to be Richt Lite, but that's okay. We're digging out of a huge hole. If A to C is the ultimate goal, you still need the dirty work of getting from A to B.

Dan Mullen has a unique opportunity to make his mark on Florida football somewhere from A to C. I personally like the guy. I'm behind him all the way.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I've spent a fair amount of time over the past several months reading the opinions of others -- coaches, players, other ADs, the media -- about Mullen. Who he is, what he's done, how and why he's done what he's done.

There is virtual universal respect for what he's accomplished in a traditional SEC shythole. I compare that to the protest opinions here. He may yet turn out to be Richt Lite, but that's okay. We're digging out of a huge hole. If A to C is the ultimate goal, you still need the dirty work of getting from A to B.

Dan Mullen has a unique opportunity to make his mark on Florida football somewhere from A to C. I personally like the guy. I'm behind him all the way.
Count me in the same camp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Count me in the same camp.
I think we're ultimately all in that camp. We all want to see this ship get righted, to feel good about where we are and who we are, and above all to feel the big buzz again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was universally liked and respected and had ppl from players to media types predicting titles and lots of points. This place the lone holdlut. How'd that turnout?

Mullen will either sink or swim, but the media, players, coaches, etc opinions have no bearing on the outcome.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was universally liked and respected and had ppl from players to media types predicting titles and lots of points. This place the lone holdlut. How'd that turnout?

Mullen will either sink or swim, but the media, players, coaches, etc opinions have no bearing on the outcome.
Of course not. That was simply an attempt to interject perspective. He's got a tall uphill battle.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The other team loaded up to stop the run assuming Franks would screw up passing. Bad decision.

As the opposing defense wore down the blocking improved not Scarlett's fault. Loading up to stop him opened up the pass.
Maybe. I just haven't yet been overly impressed with Scarlett. I think this Freshman is better and Davis proved he was better before he as injured. I'm still waiting on Scarlett to do something impressive.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Huddled against the rain tailgating in Tallahassee

giphy.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe Dan would be smart to give the upper classmen a vacation and just practice the freshman for the bowl game.
Well it does seem to becoming a trend where some draft ready upperclassmen sit out the less desirable bowl games. I know in the grand scheme of things some mid level bowl is not a program maker or breaker but to me it sure feels good to win any kind of competitive game to end the season and being so close to NSD it could always leave a favorable impression to some uncommitted recruits.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well it does seem to becoming a trend where some draft ready upperclassmen sit out the less desirable bowl games. I know in the grand scheme of things some mid level bowl is not a program maker or breaker but to me it sure feels good to win any kind of competitive game to end the season and being so close to NSD it could always leave a favorable impression to some uncommitted recruits.

Problem now is the NSD is starting in mid December, the real bowl games don't matter for much of your premium recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.