It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, at least the coaches have some actual tape they can use to berate these guys with now.
Well at least we actually have coach's now. I still think we're in for a some tough stretches but I can see us being a lot more competitive in conference games and with a little luck an 8 win season. It's all good though since we finally look like were having practices and having some fun on the field.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least we actually have coach's now. I still think we're in for a some tough stretches but I can see us being a lot more competitive in conference games and with a little luck an 8 win season. It's all good though since we finally look like were having practices and having some fun on the field.
You think we need luck to win 8 games with this schedule? I think with luck we could win 10.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
You think we need luck to win 8 games with this schedule? I think with luck we could win 10.
I'm with you, Ox. Not just brown nosing for Oxbucks, either. I was pretty solid on 8 coming in to this game, but if Franks can keep this kind of presence moving forward I think 10 is a possibility now. It was just CSU, but you could see the tweaks (not just in Franks, but the WR group, the shorthanded front seven on D, special teams, etc, etc).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe, I think we win one somewhere we shouldn't but maybe drop one we should win too. For me just stay competitive, beat UT, FSU, and most of the East and I'll consider it progress. A bowl game with the extra practices will be crucial for all the younger guys who get the extra practice reps.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Confession1: I was The King of Lurker-Loos since Ox opened this site.
C2: This thread is without question the most enjoyable one I ever read with my Sunday morning coffee.
C3: Cheers to you Ox....request you consider bringing back your podcast after almost 2 year hiatus.

Salute with all mine appendages to all y'all! MarineSalute.gif

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
OL still concerns me, as does Franks but Mullin will spoonfeed him.

I really didnt know he had accuracy we saw tonight at times.
That pass to Hammond in the back of the end zone was an NFL throw. He made a couple of shaky throws early, but overall looked poised.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Should have played Emory instead of Trask

:lol2: Kid couldn't even wrap his fingers around the ball he was so nervous. He looked a very 2017 version of Franks out there, although it would have been good to see him with the ones. Or the two's for that matter. I expect he will be of very little help this year but I do hope he continues to get series when possible for experience sake and to calm the nerves.

I was very disappointed Trask only got two series. In the event Franks goes on IR he will be the one behind center and he needs the reps.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Cheers to you Ox....request you consider bringing back your podcast after almost 2 year hiatus.
Well, having a watchable team again will help, but a lot of it comes down to the fact that I just don't have as much time as I used to in order to do them. They are more work than people think.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest moment for me was watching Dameon Pierce celebrating after the kickoff coverage hit. Awesome.
He might be the #1 or #1a back w Malik.

The only real disappointment of the night for me was Scarlett.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Had fun at the game. Had fun screaming because we were beating the crap out of someone. Been too long. Mullen kept repeating they have a lot to build on and I agree. I hope we can keep growing and going forward, we're going to need to. This could be fun. Fun...what a concept. And yes, a whole bunch of students left just before the half in Sec 44 where I was. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol2: Kid couldn't even wrap his fingers around the ball he was so nervous. ....

I was very disappointed Trask only got two series..
Big crowd, big lights, no no-contact jersey and defensive players actually trying to show mama on national tv and no doubt nerves for both of those guys.

Trashbow rumbled on that touchdown, but he was in complete brainlock on the second sack too. Not sure if that was a Q draw or a pass and he started to run when he saw daylight then brainlock when that delayed blitz came.

It would have been nice for both guys to get more reps but Franks needs reps too trying to get comfortable w more things.

It will just take time and that time may not be this year.

This year was always going to be a work in progress.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
The only real disappointment of the night for me was Scarlett.
Yeah, me too. I'm not sure if he was rusty or was expecting to light it up "just because". Really hope he looks at the tape with intent and goes into Kentucky week on a mission to show what he can really do.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Big crowd, big lights, no no-contact jersey and defensive players actually trying to show mama on national tv and no doubt nerves for both of those guys.

Trashbow rumbled on that touchdown, but he was in complete brainlock on the second sack too. Not sure if that was a Q draw or a pass and he started to run when he saw daylight then brainlock when that delayed blitz came.

It would have been nice for both guys to get more reps but Franks needs reps too trying to get comfortable w more things.

It will just take time and that time may not be this year.

This year was always going to be a work in progress.

200.webp

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Running backs needs to be sorted out, pierce looks like he wants it more, played hard. Really what I’m interested in is how they handle a pass rush.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if we'll ever compete for any championships under Mullen, but I do know that he's going to actually run a competitive program.

Team looked outstanding. Prepared and disciplined - barely any penalties. Special teams was unreal - kicking and punting as well as the coverage play - night and day from the Nord era. Hell, TWO blocked kicks!

The players were fired up and actually looked like they were having fun out there, and the crowd responded in turn. Fun football.

I'll tell you this: if Franks can play anywhere near that level against real competition, this team could be tough to beat.

Let's beat Kentucky by 50.

Discuss.

After watching this game last night along with following the KenSucky and Tennessee games we, should absolutely come out of September 5 - 0...

For the first time since Tebow's last season, it was actually fun to watch Gator football again... Thank GOD! It has been a long time coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.