It's Emory time!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Last few games should be getting Emory playing time in games imo. The offense is a complete 180 with him and his extra dimension. He fits this offense and Franks clearly doesn't. Franks just isn't a good QB and is not a runner. Time for a change!

Discuss...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Like it or not, Franks is far and away the best we’ve got. He’s light years better than last year. Had his worst game this season but I like his fight and think he’ll shake it off.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the camp that Frank's has reached his ceiling. Great improvement but he's peaked and I've been a Franks supporter.

He is to slow to decide, poor form, inaccurate, not able to control ball speed or touch. To me Franks is like a QB frankenstein designed to be a great qb just missing the brain.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Like it or not, Franks is far and away the best we’ve got. He’s light years better than last year. Had his worst game this season but I like his fight and think he’ll shake it off.
This is not the case imo. He is just the more experienced QB

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nothing against EJ, but if you think he can read a defense any better than Franks you are sorely mistaken. Cousin Eddie gave him very easy plays today and to his credit he did well. On his one pass which was a great throw it was the only throw he was going to make on that play. the one bad spot Cosuin Eddie put EJ in was costly even tho it was not a turnover. I am all for EJ playing but not burning his year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're going to start seeing a lot more of him.

That could happen, which would be tantamount to conceding we're working toward next season. My guess is we'll work him in slowly.

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Nothing against EJ, but if you think he can read a defense any better than Franks you are sorely mistaken. Cousin Eddie gave him very easy plays today and to his credit he did well. On his one pass which was a great throw it was the only throw he was going to make on that play. the one bad spot Cosuin Eddie put EJ in was costly even tho it was not a turnover. I am all for EJ playing but not burning his year.

Isn't this his 3rd game this year? He still can RS

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Franks is light years ahead of last year, that said his ceiling is about as high as a basement in a single wide. He just can't read a defense and can't handle the pressure. Emory should start getting a couple of series every game the rest of the year to start getting him ready for next year.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I like Franks but he's not A Mullen type QB more of a Spurrier type. FF runs like a wounded giraffe which is not what Mullen needs for his system to succeed. I've heard Coach say play to your teams strength. I think with Franks at QB that would be throwing more stretch the field type plays. But what the heck do I know Im a plumber.
I'll be there next week rooting for whoever is on the field.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I like Franks but he's not A Mullen type QB more of a Spurrier type. FF runs like a wounded giraffe which is not what Mullen needs for his system to succeed. I've heard Coach say play to your teams strength. I think with Franks at QB that would be throwing more stretch the field type plays. But what the heck do I know Im a plumber.
I'll be there next week rooting for whoever is on the field.
I’ll be there as well

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMO, playing Emory stalled our momentum. It was silliness, trying to get too cute. And the fumble was the proof.

Now, on that note, they did a great job setting up that long pass we got PI on (to Jefferson). But other than that, Franks should have taken those snaps (as poorly as he played).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone told you we'd be 6-2, you'd have asked where to sign up. We're on course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb