It's Emory time!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No reason not to give EJ some snaps and get some valuable playing time. Right now we are playing for two things. Experience and Recruiting. Need to run the table and get to a good bowl. Sure it might not matter much on the bowl but the extra practice helps. And being on TV New Years won't hurt either. This team still has lots of work to do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It would be interesting to know what Mullen really thinks of Franks and his future here. The QB position is going to be very interesting going into next season.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be interesting to know what Mullen really thinks of Franks and his future here. The QB position is going to be very interesting going into next season.
Mr Jones just needs to be Jones. Don’t try to over do/achieve and he’ll be fine and first.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From practices, offensive-minded HC DM must consistently see that EJ, compared to Franks, makes our team weaker offensively, less likely to thrive offensively, Seeing that, Mullen will choose Franks to lead this team. He is playing the 2 QBs based on that knowledge. Conclusively, Franks must be outperforming EJ?
But, when this team operates better with EJ at QB, that's when DM makes Franks 2nd string QB.

Mullen is going all out to win.
In games, every time Franks screws up, Mullen must feel the "emotion" to replace him, but "reasoned evidence" rules against that. So, as of now, EJ is under cautious development until the entire gamut of plays start succeeding more under him than under Franks. Logical observation should dictate that better QB-performance shows up soon, no matter which QB that is. So, under the most effective QB, O-play improves; surer winning depends on that.

EJ has had far less "training-time" than FF. (Albeit, Fileipe was damaged under McNuss-training.) Still, we can see development is happening, so the best QB-qualifier will take over down the road. Until there's assurance that these Gators will score more using EJ, Franks remains our main QB. We all patiently await some breakthrough. :mad:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Plenty to play for this season. Mullen knows that he is always auditioning for his job. He also knows that getting this team to finish this year strong has a lot to do with the character this team is building and changing that will translate into momentum for next season. Plenty to play for this season. No, we aint going to no playoff, but we almost did this year and nobody would have thought it. And after watching that game yesterday it really was a realistic option this season. That is pretty freaking cool. I can't wait to see how they play next week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't possibly disagree more. Outside of the playoff, all the various bowls don't matter two ****'s. I don't give a crap which bowl we get. Irrelevant nonsense - the non-playoff games are totally meaningless and only exist for $$$.
Ox, did you really believe we were going to the playoff before this loss?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I’m guessing you’ve had about thirty to drink my friend . Franks was terrible today and I’ve absolutely had it with the bum . Having Emory take snaps is only going to continue . We have a pocket passer that can only complete bubbles , swing passes and the one strike downfield per game . The fact is we need more and Felipe’s sorry ass ain’t gonna cut it.
You do realize that's Mullen's offense and not Franks right?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
You do realize that's Mullen's offense and not Franks right?
It's Franks. We also have stopped seeing slants, crosses, passes over the middle 10 and 15 yds down field. Franks just can't do it. He can throw an out, dump offs and run a quick option that is 100% a toss, so not really an option lol. Same 2 plays the whole time. He just isn't good at passing and is NOT a runner. Mullen is doing his best with the offense under Franks but it just doesn't fit

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Omar is not returning to Tally until he's convinced us Taggart was a better hire.

Hope he's at one of those cheap extended stay joints.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I fully expected EJ to replace Franks by now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, did you really believe we were going to the playoff before this loss?
No. Did I say we were?

Just because you're okay with losing to UGA doesn't mean the rest of have to be. UGA didn't dominate that game - we should have won. Part of you is glad we lost, although you'll never admit it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were a few QB keepers on 3rd/4th & 1 that worked this year. Sometimes options are limited and you have to hope for the best.
Trying to imagine what offense Franks works in. Cant think of one.

We are doing what we can w him. He can throw the deep out, the long ball and can run a little. It is what it is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to imagine what offense Franks works in. Cant think of one.

We are doing what we can w him. He can throw the deep out, the long ball and can run a little. It is what it is.
Niners. Franks is Kap without the pre-game kneel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No. Did I say we were?

Just because you're okay with losing to UGA doesn't mean the rest of have to be. UGA didn't dominate that game - we should have won. Part of you is glad we lost, although you'll never admit it.
:mac:

Mullinz has done a better job than I expected. 6-2 is close to miracle land.

The OL is far better than I imagined. We are showing good improvement at most areas.

Mullinz is slowly winning me over Others too Im sure.

Need to see a change in recruiting next.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I fully expected EJ to replace Franks by now.

I was hoping for that, too. However, when I saw EJ play a little early in the season (mop up duty), I got the feeling that he needed more grooming than we first thought.

While I think EJ gives us a boost in the option running game, I’d prefer he show enough legit passing threat before making him a significant part of the O.

Gatorsko

Nov 6, 2016
I’m guessing you’ve had about thirty to drink my friend . Franks was terrible today and I’ve absolutely had it with the bum . Having Emory take snaps is only going to continue . We have a pocket passer that can only complete bubbles , swing passes and the one strike downfield per game . The fact is we need more and Felipe’s sorry ass ain’t gonna cut it.
I'm with you. But is Trask that bad that he can't replace feleipe?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I was hoping for that, too. However, when I saw EJ play a little early in the season (mop up duty), I got the feeling that he needed more grooming than we first thought.

While I think EJ gives us a boost in the option running game, I’d prefer he show enough legit passing threat before making him a significant part of the O.

Edit: BTW, I wouldn’t be shocked if FF is already near his ceiling, but also wouldn’t be surprised if he takes another step forward with a 2nd year of real coaching. I’m just not holding my breath...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator