It's Football Season! Colorado St. vs. Hawaii

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take that bet.
Our offense might have sucked over the years, but last year aside, our defense is routinely top-10. Our freshmen DBs are now sophomores and our DL will be stronger. I expect to see our defense back to its best this season.
:facepalm:

Our defense was highly ranked because no offense needed to do jack squat playing us. Once they got ahead, game over.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
As for the game itself: glad college football is back.

Always liked the Pacific islander theme Hawaii embraces and their unique colors (not many black and green teams out there).

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
:facepalm:

Our defense was highly ranked because no offense needed to do jack squat playing us. Once they got ahead, game over.

You should really try looking up how many defensive players from Florida have been drafted by the NFL in recent years. That might have something to do with why our defense was so highly ranked year in and year out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You should really try looking up how many defensive players from Florida have been drafted by the NFL in recent years. That might have something to do with why our defense was so highly ranked year in and year out.
You can say the same with the offense. What’s your point?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
You can say the same with the offense. What’s your point?

Well, unlike the offense, our defense routinely ranked among the nation's best. We've been top 12 (and usually top 7) for most of the past decade.

That doesn't happen by accident. And it also doesn't happen because other teams are taking it easy on us. Very few games in the past decade have been 17+ point blowouts.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, unlike the offense, our defense routinely ranked among the nation's best. We've been top 12 (and usually top 7) for most of the past decade.

That doesn't happen by accident. And it also doesn't happen because other teams are taking it easy on us. Very few games in the past decade have been 17+ point blowouts.

Our defensive stats are very misleading over the past decade. Teams only needed about 17-20pts to beat us. They crafted vanilla offensive game plans to stay conservative, knowing they only needed about 3 TD's to lock up the game. Seriously, we struggle mightily to score 3 TD's per game. It's pathetic. I'm sick of it. I'm ready for change.

The defensive better show up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our defensive stats are very misleading over the past decade. Teams only needed about 17-20pts to beat us. They crafted vanilla offensive game plans to stay conservative, knowing they only needed about 3 TD's to lock up the game. Seriously, we struggle mightily to score 3 TD's per game. It's pathetic. I'm sick of it. I'm ready for change.

He’s in his own world. Let it be and great to see you back.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I think the stench of Muschamp is still wafting across Gator Nation if this is something people actually think is routine practice in college football.

Coaches don't play vanilla, conservative football in the second or third quarters of 2-3 score game. It just doesn't happen. One score and that 17 point lead is 10. That's nothing in college football with 1-2 quarters left on the clock.

Not to mention that fans of other teams like it when their team scores points as much as we enjoyed putting 35-40 points up on other teams in the Spurrier and Meyer eras.

But yes: I'm fed up with out offensive ineptitude over the last 10 years. There shouldn't be any excuse for it.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He’s in his own world. Let it be and great to see you back.

I think it's delusional to say we haven't had a good defense for the last decade.

The stats show otherwise.
NFL teams drafting Florida defensive studs year in and year out show otherwise.
Google any article about "best defenses in 2011/2/3/4/5/6" and almost all of them will mention Florida.
Look up Phil Steele's analysis year in and year out and where he compliments our defensive success.

The stats say you're wrong and so do all the experts.
You're free to keep your opinion, of course, but that doesn't mean it's grounded in fact.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
$20 says our offense will make CSU look like an All World Defense and our defense will make CSU look like they’ve got a Heisman candidate.
We will have people saying they are underrated and likely a playoff team.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If we don't score half a hundred and limit CSU to less than 21 it's going to have a bad year

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
4 plays, 99 yards and a TD in 1 minute for Colorado State...they were down by 30, now down by 10.

This is why it's ludicrous to suggest college football teams try to take it easy on their competition with half the game remaining.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I must have repeated this post 1000 times. It isn’t even some hidden stat that has been dissected by a select few. Opposing coaches have flat out admitted that they stopped trying on offense because we either were no threat to score, or worse, were more likely to give them points when we had the ball.

The fact that the UL Lafayette coach felt totally fine against us in OT, rather than to force things in what could’ve been a historical win, says it all.

When a competent and confident OC faced us(like Kiffin in’14), and didn’t cowar down, we were torched.

Mullen and his fat friend will have to devise serious defensive game plans for us to have a good year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Defensively we were pretty good up till last year. You have to remember they stayed on the field way too much as the offense gave
the ball back way too often with 3 and out.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF's got a lot to prove, but no reason they cannot have success against the Fighting McBobo's.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
6 degrees of Mac...I hope CSU goes 0-fer

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics